“Best Fried Chicken”

Skipper John's
Ranked #21 of 53 Restaurants in Perry
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 June 2016

Skipper John's serves the best fried chicken anywhere. If you like fried chicken, you should give it a try.

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

Well I FINALLY made the trip South 75 to Skipper John's. I had heard the trip for some of the best fried chicken was worth it so I went on my birthday & I was NOT DISAPPOINTED. Having read many reviews I knew if I didn't have the time to wait 20-25 minutes for the chicken to fry I should call ahead and order. I took the day off so I was in no hurry. It was your typical dive (which are the BEST food treasures. I heard there was no where to sit , but not true. It has 2 cement picnic tables with umbrellas & another table & chairs in front. I just put up my feet, read the paper while sipping on some sweet tea (house wine of the South). When the order was ready they simply knocked on the window for me. The chicken was golden brown as it should be with a crispy skin & perfect seasonings. You MUST eat it while it's HOT. But there was a constant flow of folks in & out who had called in for to go orders. Staff was friendly & said the place had been there since the 1970's. Well they are doing something right.... CHICKEN y'all go get you some!

2  Thank Onie1961
Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

Everything on their menu is good, especially their chicken wings and gizzard. I've been there at least 20 times and every time the food gets better and better!!

Reviewed 5 February 2016

Good alternative to frying it yourself!! The chicken livers are good too! A little salty for some. Call ahead if you don't want to wait and don't forget your cash.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

Skipper John's is the best fried chicken in middle Georgia. I don't know who can beat them. You can call in your order or you can wait about 20 to 25 minutes. It is worth the wait.

1  Thank rstil