Maliholm is located hidden away on a hilltop in the Balik Pulau area of Penang and offers stunning views of the sea as well as the lights of Bayan Lepas and the Penang bridge at night. We thoroughly enjoyed the amazing scenery, the lush nature with plenty of fruit trees around the estate, as well as the rustic but well-maintained accommodation in tree-house style villas. Breakfaost was included (Western food), and there was the option of having lunch and dinner at the estate as well, which we only did on our last night, and thoroughly enjoyed.
The staff was amazing as well, always helpful and extremely friendly. I can't thank those guys enough for making our stay so comfortable.
A fair warning however, the road up the hill is not for the faint of heart. The road is steep and narrow, and with hindsight, we should have opted for the pickup service straight away instead of dricing a rental car up there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malihom, a private estate, perched on the crest of the southern end of Penang, offers a tranquil getaway. Our unique location offers stunning and uninterrupted panoramas from every room, providing all our guests with ever-changing but always immense and breathtaking views. The fresh air, myriad sounds of the birds and stunning views are a feast for your senses whilst delighting in our array of home cooked cuisine and carefully selected collection of wines. We are an intimate boutique Retreat offering a more personal style of service and an intimate atmosphere that is only found in boutique establishments. The estate comprises a cluster of traditional Thai rice barns which have been carefully converted with modern comforts while respecting traditional charms. There are generous indoor and outdoor seating areas to allow guests to soak in the views and the cool breeze from the horizon as well as yoga and holistic therapies offering an array of relaxing treatments. At the hub of the estate lies the main wing which centers the reception, dining and living areas. The barns are linked to the main wing by way of footpaths. Each barn, with its own unique character has a private garden or a deck. This arrangement provides guests with privacy and seclusion. Our unique picturesque settings will provide that unforgettable difference to any occasion whether a romantic stay for two, group vacation, a Conference venue with an edge or a unique Wedding reception to reminisce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Malihom Private Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malihom Private Estate Hotel Penang Island
- Malihom Private Estate Penang, Malaysia