My wife and I stayed at Malihom for 3 nights and we were delighted by this place. It offers fantastic views to both sides of the island which provides great sunrise and sunset contemplation. The staff is amazingly friendly. The barns are in very good condition and the outdoor bathrooms are so nice (if you like being outside and close to nature).
The food is good but not amazing although the hotel Manager offered us one evening to have a special Burmese dinner which was really great.
The swimming pool area as well as the restaurant/bar area are so quiet and relaxing.
I would definitely recommend the place to anyone wishing to enjoy a peaceful jungle retreat. Note that the hotel is located on top of a hill, quiet far from Georgetown and that taxi rides are expensive! Expect 75 ringit for a ride to the airport, 90 ringit for a ride to Georgetown.
Important note: the Wifi connection offered in the hotel is VERY bad. Do not expect to be able to do some serious internet surfing...facebook barely loads.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malihom, a private estate, perched on the crest of the southern end of Penang, offers a tranquil getaway. Our unique location offers stunning and uninterrupted panoramas from every room, providing all our guests with ever-changing but always immense and breathtaking views. The fresh air, myriad sounds of the birds and stunning views are a feast for your senses whilst delighting in our array of home cooked cuisine and carefully selected collection of wines. We are an intimate boutique Retreat offering a more personal style of service and an intimate atmosphere that is only found in boutique establishments. The estate comprises a cluster of traditional Thai rice barns which have been carefully converted with modern comforts while respecting traditional charms. There are generous indoor and outdoor seating areas to allow guests to soak in the views and the cool breeze from the horizon as well as yoga and holistic therapies offering an array of relaxing treatments. At the hub of the estate lies the main wing which centers the reception, dining and living areas. The barns are linked to the main wing by way of footpaths. Each barn, with its own unique character has a private garden or a deck. This arrangement provides guests with privacy and seclusion. Our unique picturesque settings will provide that unforgettable difference to any occasion whether a romantic stay for two, group vacation, a Conference venue with an edge or a unique Wedding reception to reminisce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Malihom Private Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malihom Private Estate Hotel Penang Island
- Malihom Private Estate Penang, Malaysia