Stayed here in barn "Aloun" for 1 night with my husband. Better don't come here at night as the road is so small that only 1 car can pass but when we arrived "wowww....." so nice....the place is a retreat for everyone that feel suck with city life.
Beautiful view to georgetown and sunrise (different barn different view)
Nice bathtub amazing view with really hot water (i mean reallly hottt)
Walking trail to plantation, bird watching
Infinity pool with sunset view
Helpful staff and manager (Ms. Siaw Fung)
Pricey food (dinner at rm. 110++/person with full course menu
Old dvds and books from library but it's ok not major issues
Hard to get a taxi/grab/uber from here to georgetown/airport
Overall really enjoy trip to malihom and hope I'll be back at durian season as they serve durian in malihom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malihom, a private estate, perched on the crest of the southern end of Penang, offers a tranquil getaway. Our unique location offers stunning and uninterrupted panoramas from every room, providing all our guests with ever-changing but always immense and breathtaking views. The fresh air, myriad sounds of the birds and stunning views are a feast for your senses whilst delighting in our array of home cooked cuisine and carefully selected collection of wines. We are an intimate boutique Retreat offering a more personal style of service and an intimate atmosphere that is only found in boutique establishments. The estate comprises a cluster of traditional Thai rice barns which have been carefully converted with modern comforts while respecting traditional charms. There are generous indoor and outdoor seating areas to allow guests to soak in the views and the cool breeze from the horizon as well as yoga and holistic therapies offering an array of relaxing treatments. At the hub of the estate lies the main wing which centers the reception, dining and living areas. The barns are linked to the main wing by way of footpaths. Each barn, with its own unique character has a private garden or a deck. This arrangement provides guests with privacy and seclusion. Our unique picturesque settings will provide that unforgettable difference to any occasion whether a romantic stay for two, group vacation, a Conference venue with an edge or a unique Wedding reception to reminisce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Malihom Private Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malihom Private Estate Hotel Penang Island
- Malihom Private Estate Penang, Malaysia