Malihom Private Estate
Olive Tree Hotel(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$54
Priceline
Hotel Equatorial Penang(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$67
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
US$31
US$29
  • Pool
Super 8 Bayan Baru(Teluk Kumbar)
US$29
US$25
Agoda.com
TH Hotel Penang(Bayan Lepas)
US$39
US$32
Trip.com
Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$51
Hotels.com
U Hotel Penang(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$37
Priceline
The Krystal Suites(Bayan Lepas)
US$34
TripAdvisor
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
Alora Hotel(Penang Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsinfinity poolperfect retreatmain bathroomsunrise viewdurian seasonpenang bridgewindy roadjungle trailideal place to relaxlower deckburmese foodspider websbooked directlyour stay was greatthe barnoutdoor bathtubairport pick
Reviewed 6 February 2017

My family, including our 2.5 old daughter, stayed at Malihom for 2 nights. We would recommend this place to those who want a quiet base to explore the island. This isn't your typical hotel. Actually, I think Malihom calls itself a 4 star resort, which doesn't feel like an accurate description and actually sells it short, in my opinion. It's more like a 4 star retreat, a small estate with 7 renovated Thai rice barns. The barn we stayed in was Khanun and it provided excellent morning views. It had one large bed and one twin bed. The house itself was comfortable, but, like the rest of the grounds, not so manicured (and how I would think of "4 star resorts") that it loses its charm. And there's a lot of charm. The bathroom is partly open (privacy not an issue though) and the water you bath in comes from the estate's own natural spring. Bugs were not an issue for us. We had 4 meals at Malihom. The food was generally good, with some dishes more enjoyable than others. Surprisingly, we really liked the soups and the salmon with lemongrass and papaya salsa. We also enjoyed the Burmese dinner. There was a depth of flavors that I didn't expect. The staff who work on the grounds were so accommodating and kind. Myel (sp?), Jeff, etc were very warm. This not a cheap place, but it is one of those special places that, if you're looking for peace and quiet, may stay with you for a while after you leave. Logistically, we paid for airport pick up as we heard the steep hill was difficult with most cars. I'm glad we did airport pick up. On rainy days, that would not be a fun drive. Expenses can add up, of course, if you keep taking airport pick up. I heard some others saying that they take the free hill transfer and then order an Uber down the hill. My only suggestion for improvement would be to offer a few choices for kids meals. Just one or two. Staff were really kind and made sure my picky eater had something to eat. I was glad we brought her snacks to munch on throughout the day.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank EthanandJocelyn
Reviewed 3 February 2017

Stayed here 2 nights from 24th january ,very steep interesting drive up to resort,nice accomidation in thai barn basic but good comfortable bed once you found the way out throught mosquito net ,food very good and nice lounge to sit in did jungle trail in morning very hot and quite hard going when path blocked by vegetation but all part of adventure fantasic views over city and penang bridge especially at night

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arran W
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Can't believe this place was opened since 11 years ago. The wooden barns are all well kept. The view of the city is just breath taking. We booked 3 barns, two with sunset view and one with sunrise view. Each barn has its own design and decoration. There is an 1-hour hiking trail. The manager and the workers here are really friendly, and helpful.

Room Tip: Depending on which view you like. You can choose the barn with sunset or sunrise view. You can find these information from their homepage.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leongaj
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

A well kept place. It is a hidden gem here in Penang. The view of the city here is breath taking and we had an amazing night view from our room.

The bed is soft and comfortable. The shower and hot water is to die for. The 2 things I ask for when I am away from home and they have it here.

The staffs here are attentive to our needs and the level of service is brilliant.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeremy W
Reviewed 2 December 2016

My wife and I stayed at Malihom for 3 nights and we were delighted by this place. It offers fantastic views to both sides of the island which provides great sunrise and sunset contemplation. The staff is amazingly friendly. The barns are in very good condition and the outdoor bathrooms are so nice (if you like being outside and close to nature).
The food is good but not amazing although the hotel Manager offered us one evening to have a special Burmese dinner which was really great.
The swimming pool area as well as the restaurant/bar area are so quiet and relaxing.

I would definitely recommend the place to anyone wishing to enjoy a peaceful jungle retreat. Note that the hotel is located on top of a hill, quiet far from Georgetown and that taxi rides are expensive! Expect 75 ringit for a ride to the airport, 90 ringit for a ride to Georgetown.
Important note: the Wifi connection offered in the hotel is VERY bad. Do not expect to be able to do some serious internet surfing...facebook barely loads.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple