All reviews sunrise view perfect retreat infinity pool penang bridge main bathroom ideal place to relax windy road burmese food the barn spider webs small toilet outdoor bathtub fruit trees jungle retreat own transport rice barns bayan lepas
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Maybe I was just unlucky? I happened to book one of the barns while the place was being refurbished (which no one told me until after I arrived)...I was the only person there, which in most circumstances would be a boon. But it was obvious they weren't in "catering" mode as my meals were brought in from a local restaurant as opposed to being prepared in the kitchens by a chef. Not that there was anything wrong with the food...but I felt, overall, that I paid a lot for very little. I was unable to get a single glass of wine with my meal (they only sell by the bottle, apparently), the barn I booked had a toilet and washbasin separate from the sleeping area, but was barely big enough to sit down without jamming your knees on the wood (and I'm a fairly small woman). I wouldn't stay here again. I much prefer Tiger Rock on Pangkor Island -- although I had hoped to find the same 5* experience here on Penang, rather than have to travel down to Lamut and over on the ferry.

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank _how2hope
Reviewed 30 September 2018

I just spent three days here. It was so peaceful I slept solidly for 15 hours my first night!

Well worth a stay - staff are charming and hard working.

The rooms on the sunrise side have a view of the city and Penang Bridge. Personally, I preferred the view from my room on the Sunset side, which looks out over a green leafy valley down to the sea. (I stayed in Sripatum). I could lie in bed and watch the sun set.

Food was Chinese and delicious.

Room tip: I preferred the view on the sunset side.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

If you are searching for a quiet, green and exclusive place on Penang island you should stay here and let time pass. To drop on of the hill you can not easily go by yourself or a grabcar, because the way is very steep, narrow and single lane. But the manager Sheau Fung or her staff will pick you up at the foothill and so it's no problem to get here. The big pool with its view is so amazing and one of the best we've ever seen. So take you're time, enjoy the surroundings, the fresh air, the nature and just relax.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Although a little isolated this was the perfect spot to relax for a couple of days. Staff were fantastic. Food was excellent. Good walking trail and easy access to guided tours and treks if required. The renovated rice barns make excellent accommodation and the views over the island are superb when the weather is clear. This place takes on a life of its own when the mist rolls in and you feel like you're floating on clouds. A refreshing break from the humidity.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Staying at Malihom makes you smile from the moment you wake listening to the wind rustling in the trees to the moment you fall asleep listening to the cacophony of the frogs . It is truly a special place, it has such a peaceful aura, it has lots of different spaces to sit and enjoy. A beautiful pool, your own barn with hammock and decks and our favourite spot to watch the sunset , a tower like Rapunzel in the fairy tales lol. We ate all meals here and the food was delicious and plenty of variety . We went on several walks around the estate and also a guided walk with Peter which were brilliant . The staff are so lovely, so helpful and friendly unfortunately I can’t remember the managers name but she is wonderful and Jo was great too
We loved it so much we would definitely come to stay again ,and again

Date of stay: July 2018