“Colonial Charm, Solicitous Solitude”
Review of Botanica Mansion

Botanica Mansion
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Balik Pulau
Reviewed 14 May 2017

While I was there with a group--of seven, no less--I felt when I wanted to I could be alone with my thoughts. The tree-filled, legacy-laced mansion on a hill, with its just a handful of rooms ensured a hush that I could hear my thoughts, which were occasionally punctuated by the cries of peacocks nearby.

The swimming pool provided a lovely respite when it is hot outside, although it was always quite pleasant inside with the air-conditioner(s) humming.

The people who run the place are also quite personable, and will answer questions when contact, either in person or over their mobile phone.

This intimate place, a boutique hotel. lends itself to a family gathering, a writer seeking solitude to write, an escape from the madding crowd, time to yourself to reflect...is a place I would have stayed longer if I could. But the world and its attendant responsibilities call.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

A very nice address in balik pulau.
Went there for dinner... unfortunately the food has a lot of room for improvement ....The place is 5***** no doubt about it....
I would certainly go back!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 30 December 2016

The Botanica Mansion is about 40 mins from George town and set in the pretty Penang hillsides.

We took a little ride out on our bike and enjoyed an Afternoon tea (served 3-5pm) for 53 Ringett for a couple. The hotel was quiet, we sat upstairs on the veranda enjoyed a slow relaxed afternoon. Wifi was fine. The afternoon tea was made up of a sandwich, salmon baguette slice, mushroom pie, biscuits cake and of course scone, jam and cream. All very tasty.

We also got a free top up on the tea.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

This was not the best afternoon tea I have every had but it was OK.

If you are passing, or want a change from the busy George town take a drive out.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Found this gem of a restaurant restaurant on the southwest end of Peneng. Appetizing, broad menu Great for westerners traveling around the island. Good food & ambience ambience.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

Visited this Mansion with my friend.

Check In:
Check in at the restaurant, which is kind of weird for me. They do not request you to give any single cent of deposit, which is weird for me as well. They even give us a room after we told them our names, not even needed to show any IC for verification.

Room:
Room looks different with the photos online, perhaps they adjust the lightning and color tone of the photos

Breakfast:
It is stated in the online page that breakfast is included but when I approach to the restaurant at 10am, not even a single staff was there. So is quite disappointed.

TV in the Room:
Not functioning at all.

Service:
Special thanks to Bob and Patricia, they had tried their best in accommodating us. They do send two glasses of red wine for us.

1  Thank Beatrice L