All reviews pancake machine room was clean hi express other hotels nice stay the breakfast area small refrigerator small hotel short stay the hotel staff yogurt nice pool continental breakfast stay there again enjoyed our stay simons housekeeping
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 weeks with work and the hotel is in a nice area with a lot of stores in walking distance. The room I had was a king size bed which was comfortable. The ac in the room is abit loud and was not cleaned in awhile. The same can be said about the bathroom, it wasn't disgusting but you could see dirty spots and rust.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Brandon,
Our team appreciates your candid review. We are glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. It is also great to know that you appreciated our comfortable beds. Cleanliness is very important to us, and we sincerely apologize that you found your room to be less than perfect. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as well as your issue with the air conditioner, as we can use this information to continually improve. It would be wonderful to have the chance to host you again and give you the stay that you deserve!

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I took my wife with me on a business trip to the island. We were dead tired when we arrived so we put the do not disturb sign on the door. We stayed 2 days. On the second day we left the hotel around 1 p.m. and took the sign off of the door. When we got back there was a note slipped under the door saying someone had come by at 10:30 a.m. to clean but the sign was on the door.
OK, but what about when we left after 1 p.m. The sign was off of the door.
The housekeeper took the time to slip the note under the door after 1 but just couldn't find the time to service the room.
That's pretty early in the day for all of the room attendants to knock off.
It was like "you had your chance but you blew it buddy" " "we're not cleaning your room"
Then the next day when we checked out someone at the hotel threatened my wife with charging me for another day if my bags were't out of the room by 11:30 a.m.
I went out to see some customers and got a little tied up and didn't make it back by 11 check out time.
I should have requested a late check out, but I thought I could make it back by 11. This is a hotel with an empty parking lot in the middle of winter and they're acting like they had a rush at the desk and really needed that room.
I'm Spire Elite which is the highest reward level you can be with Holiday Inn and this is the kind of treatment I got for my loyalty.
i won't be back.

Room Tip: Bribe someone
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank darrylh225
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Dear Darryl,
Guest satisfaction is important to us so we're sorry to hear your visit could have been better. Please accept our apologies for any confusion about our housekeeping schedule as well as for any inconvenience with our check-out times. We're sorry this was not handled in what you'd have considered an appropriate manner and will pass your comments along to our staff. If you're in the area again, we'd be grateful for the opportunity to provide you with the excellent service you deserve.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

My family stayed 2 nights and rented 2 rooms. The fridge had been pulled out of its cabinet and didn't work (at least it made a nice luggage stand). Housekeeping seemed to have trouble replenishing soap, shampoo, and sugar for in-room coffee service. Several light bulbs in both of our rooms were burned out. One morning, breakfast was scant because the delivery truck had not yet arrived with pancake batter, cinnamon rolls, or coffee creamer. None of these were huge inconveniences but the mishaps added up.

Perhaps not an ideal hotel for a family beach getaway because the hotel doesn't offer any type of laundry service.

Room Tip: Second floor might be quieter. We stayed on the first floor and could hear our upstairs neighbors' footsteps.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MomfromGA
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you for taking some time to share your experience. We are very disappointed to read that we fell short in several aspects of your visit. Please accept our apologies for the various maintenance issues that you identified and the problem with breakfast that you experienced one morning. We know that we are capable of excellence and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again and demonstrate that. Please consider us for another stay here on St. Simons Island.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Great location and staff...esp. Ivia at the front desk. She was amazing. So welcoming.The rooms spacious and very clean. The breakfast was also most appreciated. We loved the hotel and Island and will be back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Our staff at Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island truly enjoyed hosting you during your recent trip. Ivia will be honored you mentioned her. We're happy our location was ideal for your needs and that you enjoyed your time in one of our clean, spacious rooms. It will be a pleasure seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I booked a getaway last minute on Hotwire and for the first time ever booked the unknown hotel that is revealed after you book. I will admit that I was a little disappointed when it was revealed at it was Holiday Inn Express. However, it could not have been a better experience . The place was very clean and smelled like a lemon furniture polish. EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE that I encountered, smiled and said hello. Warm and friendly . It would be nice if the breakfast area had more seating but that isn't possible . Also when I finally got myself to breakfast at 8:30am, it was pretty well picked over. Pancake maker out of commission, no cream cheese for bagels .... my fault for sleeping in

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RunningNurse
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

We can consider ourselves lucky that we had the pleasure of hosting you! It is a joy to know that we exceeded your expectations and provided you with a fantastic experience here at the Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island. Our team is dedicated and passionate about making sure that each and every one of our guests has the experience that they deserve, and we know that personal connections go a long way toward that goal. It is unfortunate to hear that breakfast wasn't quite to your tastes, and we apologize. We hope that you were still able to have some refreshment from what we did provide. Come back and see us again soon!