“Weekday lunch”
Review of Barbara Jean's

Barbara Jean's
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Our family has been coming to Barbara Jean's for years.
We all love the jalapeno cornbread and pumpkin bread. Make sure to request a breadbasket. They also have traditional rolls. Our favorite lunches include the shrimp salad sandwich, fish sandwich, coconut shrimp with remoulade, and the B.J. blue salad with shrimp.
Many veggies/sides to choose from as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,447)

Reviewed 18 May 2018

It hit the spot for sure but was nothing to shout about. It was not the best she crab soup and not the worst. I also had the Kailua chicken salad which should have been packed with flavor but somehow was very bland. I would come again because it was good, just wish it had been a little better.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

If you can't be in Maryland for crab season, this will do. And by do, I mean completely satisfy your craving! Not to mention their bread and rolls are perfect enough to eat on their own! Convenient location for a quick lunch or formal dinner. Parking can be tough.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We enjoyed the crabcakes and boiled shrimp. The service was excellent and it was fun to sit outside and watch people meander up/down the village street.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Where do I start with this place, we all loved eating at Barbara Jean's Restaurant. We spent two weeks on the island while attending classes in Brunswick. This place was our go to for dinner. We have enjoyed various items from the menu. My favorite is shrimp and grits, dirty rice was really good. We enjoyed onion rings for everyone and cheese fries. You must get the onion rings for sure. The she crab soup is out of this world good, lots of crab in this soup. They provide a dish of various breads for dinner which has a really good corn bread. The other guys really enjoyed the blackened catfish and the chicken fried chicken. You will leave full for sure because the portions are really good. They also have New Belgium 1554 beer on tap which is one of my favorite. I will really miss Barbara Jean's Restaurant. You never know if I'll be back visiting SSI and Brunswick in the future, but if I am I will be here for sure.