See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2017

BlueMoonCottageTybee has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms and a huge wrap around porch. With a fenced in yard and private pool it is an amazing place to stay. The ocean is a short 2 1/2 blocks and the grocery 1 block away. It is also a sort walk to town. Savannah is a short 20 minute drive. We love this property!

Room Tip: rents on: tybeecottages.com
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cschiering
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We can only give praises to Tybee Cottages! Jim was very prompt in his responses and contact with us! We rented Sundew Cottage and it was absolutely fabulous! We had a chefs kitchen, gorgeously decorated home, relaxing pool, wonderful large screened in porch and only a couple of blocks to a public boardwalk over the dunes to a mat covered walkway to the waters edge! We so enjoyed our time at Sundew Cottage!

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank debbiebhughes
Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

Excellent clean cottages.
Well worth the price.
Nice people very close to beach.
4 stars
Lots to do
Warm water, family friendly beach.
Excellent restaurants.
Very close to Savannah.
The cottages had every comfort of home

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Evelyn H
Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

Oceanfront Rentals-12B Van Horne, Good Vibrations Townhouse

Wonderful stay. Walked everywhere. Therefore, we did not have to pay for island parking. Truck didn't fit in garage which is par for the course, so that was too bad. Accepted dogs, which was a deal-maker for me. Once you get moved in, the sets of stairs to the middle and top floors create a feel of almost two separate apartments. They do make you pause before you leave one floor to think of what you may need!

Loved the cozy furniture and pretty appointments and artwork throughout the house. Everything you'll need as far as kitchen, laundry, bedding, towels, hangers, appliances, etc., and good water pressure throughout. Everything very clean! Paperback library was a sweet bonus!

The screened-in area off the top floor living room was a beautiful area with a nice fan. Spent some nice lunches out there...and no mosquitoes!

Right next to the beach...access less than 3 minutes down the road. The Sugar Shack, a 5 min. walk, serves breakfast 'til 11, then great hamburgers, and ice cream all day and into the night. Outside dining allowed me to take my dogs.

Alas, Tybee Island does not allow dogs on their beach. Not ever. Never. Patrolled with heavy fines. No excuses. You can walk them in their parks...but not on the Main Street. I bundled them up and drove an hour north to Hilton Head to walk them on the beach. What a waste. A minute away, and I never stepped foot on the beach at Tybee Island. I wasn't willing to leave dogs alone in the townhouse without me being there. The advertised "dog park" is just sad...and you have to pay to park there.

Soooo, while I loved the space, I will probably not return. My fault, as I had Googled "dog friendly vacation spots" and Tybee Island popped up in the top three. That's simply not true, and I failed to ask the Oceanfront Rental folks about that prior to making the reservation. Only by reading subsequent reviews did I find this out.

But as far as the Townhouse unit? Beautiful!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank bobbycop33
Reviewed 11 June 2015

This was our second time at Bead Cottage on Tybee Island. We absolutely love it there. Jim Heflin is the best and so easy to work with. The cottage came with everything we needed and more. We were within walking distance to a lot of things we needed like the grocery, beach, pharmacy, park, etc. We love the pool with Bead Cottage and I can't wait to go back again and again.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jenny T