“Great steaks!”

Ranked #74 of 247 Restaurants in Valdosta
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Enjoy fine American cuisine in a relaxed setting for all occasions, from a romantic evening to an anniversary party. The Bistro Restaurant and Piano Bar serves a varied menu of new American cuisine, classics and daily specials, featuring the best seasonal products available. Enjoy delicious desserts, an extensive selection of appetizers, a full bar, and superb wine service all in the warmth and elegance of our main dining room that surrounds our guests in an intimate and romantic atmosphere, creating a unique and elegant American dining experience.
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Great atmosphere for a date or a group of business associates. The drinks and wine are exceptional. Sunday brunch is also very special!!

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Jason was our waiter and he is a lot of fun. Always takes good care of us and keeps us laughing. He is definitely a people person and loves his customers. We always order the Drunken Angus with the Drunken Angus mushrooms and usually garlic mashed potatoes. You can't go wrong with this combination. Oh, we also order the Vidalia Onion Dip with toast as an appetizer. We love this place!

1  Thank SoGa H
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We decided to celebrate a late Valentine's Day on the following Saturday this year. We picked The Bistro based on reviews and suggestions of friends. The restaurant wasn't not busy for a Saturday night, we were 1 of 3 tables seated in our section.

We ordered 2 appetizers, the seared tuna and the escargot. The tuna was fine, I've had the same thing at many other places. The preparation of the escargot was different, but okay. They could have been cleaned a little better, some had grit in them. This is where it gets bad. I don't know if this was an off night but our entrees took well over 45 minutes after the appetizers came. My Metro Strip steak was unevenly cooked, medium rare in some places and medium in others. Sides weren't the worst, but wasn't anything too amazing either. Husband's rack of lamb had all of the fat trimmed off, but it was cooked fine. He said he's had worst. We did both clean our plates, but I think it was because we were starving.

The service started out okay. But after our appetizers were placed, I feel like the service went downhill. Our waitress ignored us for around 20 minutes, walking around and dealing with other tables. We understand that kitchens can have bad nights but at least come and tell us that. Don't leave us to sit there for half an hour wondering what's going on with our food.

For the $80 we spent, I think we could have gone to Longhorn and had a better meal and service.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

I think you pay for the ambiance at this restaurant. The food is fair and the portions are small. I don't mind splurging a little bit for a fancy meal, but when you leave hungry, that's not good. Healthier portions for big men!

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Service was great. Bar tender/server was fantastic.

Food was ok. I was happy with the capreese salad cheese and tomatoes but the balsamic needed more strength.

The wine was just not right. Not sure why but it was not there. Server went out of her way to help. I appreciated it.

Lamb was good. The texture and taste was good and it was well made. The steamed veggies side a bit over cooked. Too much steam time I guess.

I will return for a second Try. It was a good meal in spite of not being great.

Must emphasize the service was very good