My wife & I arrived after dark on a Tuesday night after driving over from Charlotte. The resort is log cabin/rustic themed. Plenty of open beams, fireplaces, leather chairs, etc. This carries over to the Oaks restaurant also.
Easy check-in then wandered-out to the fire pit. There were already 2 other couples out there with a table that had "smores" ready to go. The front counter clerk took our orders for some wine and the relaxation started.
We stayed in a Jr. Suite and I'd have to agree with a previous review regarding the A/C unit being a little noisy but at the same time, once we were asleep it didn't cause us to wake-up. The heavy curtains did the job and we slept-in late each day; no daylight peeking-in. Continental type breakfast in the main lounge; cereal, different pastries, coffee, etc.
No trash to be found anywhere on the property while walking around. The swings stationed around the grounds took advantage of the lake views.
We spent most of Wednesday out by the pool; 3' shallow, 9' deep so it's a good size pool. One of the couples from the night before joined us, other than them it was all ours.
I can't comment on the Yacht Club food as we went in to Hiawassee for lunch but we did eat at The Oaks and it was wonderful. Sat outside on the patio; I had the spicy scallops and my wife the lemon-butter local trout so you see it's chef prepared food not "bar" food. There were several tables of locals there so it's not just for guests of the resort. Our waitress was friendly and efficient; the manager stopped by to see how everything was coming along.
Spent Thursday lounging around but did go out on a pontoon boat for about an hour. Other than a couple of fishing boats the lake was all ours.
I don't know if it was because we were there during the middle of the week but it was definitely "a little quiet time with great food".
Note: In "Describe your trip" I checked Relaxation/Spa. Relaxing yes but no Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the peaceful shores of Lake Chatuge in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia, you'll find the scenic escape of The Ridges Resort & Marina. Just two hours from Atlanta, our lakeside oasis is filled with recreational activities from boating to championship golf. Whether you're looking to recharge, spend some family time, or find the perfect corporate retreat, choose The Ridges Resort & Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Ridges Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ridges Resort And Marina
- Ridges Resort & Marina Hotel Hiawassee
- Ridges Hotel Hiawassee
- Fieldstone Resort Hiawassee