“Just like Texas!”
Review of Smokin' Gun BBQ

Smokin' Gun BBQ
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Blackfoot
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I sure do like BBQ, but finding good stuff in this area is difficult. It is too bad this place is not in Poky or IF because it would do well in either place. I lived in Texas a while back and this place brought back memories. My wife tried a pulled pork sandwich and I tried a meat platter.

The food - The meat fell off the bone and/or melted in my mouth! The signature spices this place uses are delightful and made me cherish every bite. The owner even gave me free samples of everything else on his menu. It was all good! Even the homemade BBQ sauces were to die for. Warning, the spiciest is actually pretty spicy.

Customer service - As I said, the owner gave me free samples. He came out and asked me what I thought. Told me all about his restaurant. You could tell that he took pride in his food but was extremely humble. Excellent!

Atmosphere - Country music made you feel like you were in Texas, but that was about it. I thought I would mention here that the location of this establishment is in a less than ideal location. While I am sure that being next to the high school brings in a heavy lunch crowd, I hope they survive. But none of that is worth lowering the rating. Please eat here.

Price. The price was similar to a Dickey's BBQ which is fair for the type of food they sell. Overall, the food us worth the money.

I would de recommend this place, and I hope they are still here in a few years.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

The brisket sandwich was amazing. Tender melt in your mouth brisket with great flavor. It is off the beaten path but worth the trip.

1  Thank Kendall M
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Well, I happened to be in Blackfoot for business with some guests from out of town and country. We had some time to kill and luckily ran into Smokin Guns BBQ. I am not typically big on BBQ restaurants, as I do a ton of grilling at home, and typically don't enjoy restaurant style BBQ. However, this place surprised.... The food was awesome, the owner was there, and very hospitable. I would definitely go back to this place to eat.

1  Thank gagordon
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch and had a brisket sandwich. Great food with amazing flavor. Owner is extremely nice and took good care of me. Will be back again!

1  Thank Shawnpw2016
Reviewed 11 August 2016

This place rocks! The brisket is amazing! All the sandwiches are good, and it is just plain good BBQ!

1  Thank Freedom807205