Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown
Hotels.com
US$129
US$116
1,151 results
All reviewsgreat locationparking garagemiso soupwithin walking distanceboise downtowncomplimentary breakfastfront desk staffcookiesmovie theaterthe hotel staffthe hotel is cleanthe staff was greatfresh fruitking suitefitness centercomfortable bedswe've stayed
Reviewed 18 March 2018

All the free breakfast offerings (good), free internet connection (good) and free soap, don't make up for the hotel's hot water problem which is a serious deficiency. I've already been comped one night (I stayed five during the NCAA basketball tournament) for a problem consisting of the water in the shower fluctuating back and forth between being icy cold one minute and scalding hot the next. But, when I woke up this morning for my 6:30AM flight (5:15AM shuttle ride to the airport) and found ONLY cold water coming out of the showered, I was beside myself. The desk staff throughout my stay (very nice) was sympathetic, and was fully aware of what they described as "a problem we're trying to get maintenance to fix with our geothermal hot water system", but that didn't get me a hot shower. I will be contacting not only the franchisee of this particular Hampton Inn/Hilton Hotel, but will be contacting Hilton's corporate office, as well, explaining my problem and requesting a full refund for my visit. Buyer beware!

Room Tip: Make sure the room has hot water!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
HamptonBoise, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear starkfarm,
Thank you for staying with us recently. I am so sorry that you experienced fluctuations with water temperatures in your shower. Our maintenance team has been diligently working on the issue with several vendors. Unfortunately a delay in parts delivery to Boise has caused the inability to fix this as timely as we would like. I can completely understand your frustration and would also expect to have a warm shower. We do have a 100% Happy guarantee and I will be reaching out to you directly to make sure you are taken care of. I apologize again for the poor experience you had and hope to make it better.

Kind regards,

Kenny Franz

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Would definitely stay here again. The previous reviewer made me laugh a little. $15 for a weekend of parking downtown? LOVE IT!! Requiring a room key to access the upper floors? LOVE IT! It's a security measure we always appreciate. Front desk staff was wonderful. Housekeeper was a gem. Location is perfect for heading out in any direction. Wifi was a little hit and miss throughout the day, but that was minor. For being downtown, it's very quiet. Breakfast was hot and tasty. No complaints at all! In fact, just bumped it up to a 5 as I had it as a 4.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
HamptonBoise, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your great feedback! We are so glad that you LOVE IT! The front desk and housekeeping team was grateful to hear your compliments as it is what fuels their fire and passion to WOW each and every guest! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best,

Jennifer

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I took my wife to Boise for a Valentines
weekend. I had reservations at the Hampton Downtown. Parked in the attached hotel parking lot. They let me know after I had parked it was going to cost us $15 a night to park there (strike one). We got to the elevator and couldn’t get it to move. We found out that you need to use your room key to make the elevator work (strike two).
We made it to our room. I stay in Hampton Inns a lot. The rooms are always great and roomy. We have a bathroom bigger than this room (strike three).

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you Kelley G for sharing your perspective. I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience. We strive to make every guest 100% Happy and feel disappointed when we are not able to do so. We hope you and your wife enjoyed time together celebrating your love!

Kindly,

Jennifer

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I had a one week stay in this hotel for business. This hotel comes with a simple buffet spread and room servicing. Hotel laundry is not available on weekends . Rooms need some upgrade but is clean. Cons are no attached parking garage and anything left in the room once checked out is considered lost even though calls were made within 24 hours and the lost item is packaged nicely( not opened).
Customer service at the counter varies with shift. The night shift service when i called in was friendlier compared to the day shift. The calls could have be handled better as Checking of lost item during the first call ( called within 24 hours) was not followed up at all even though it was promised. This is a disappointing stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
HamptonBoise, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hello Beatitudesooi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I can understand how you are feeling and I am so sorry that we did not provide our usual exceptional service to you. Our goal is to WOW every guest, every time, and back that desire with our 100% HAPPY guarantee! Unfortunately, we did not do this for you during your stay. I do hope that you will reach out to me direct so that I can help remedy those things that left you unhappy during your stay including resolution for your lost item. Please call me using my contact information below so that I can personally help.

We would love to have you come back and try us again. I apologize that not all things were as expected and hope that sharing a few things that could be helpful for future stays. We do have guestroom key access to and from the attached parking garage to make it convenient. We also have guest laundry facilities available every day of the week and the dry cleaning service in Boise is available Monday through Friday. If you ever find something inconvenient or unavailable during your stay, please let us know right away so we can help.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience so that we can try to make things better. I really appreciate your candid feedback and hope to speak with you soon.

Kindly,

Jennifer Thomas
208-331-1900

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Stayed here two nights. The hotel itself is very nice. Great room with view of mountains, comfy bed, staff all very nice. Location amazing right in heart of downtown. Only issue both nights it was very noise with people above and down from us. Seemed like they were party rooms for some kind of meeting or retreat and it got old very quick. They did quite down by 11-1130 but a bit much. Other than that enjoyed it and would stay again

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank gborotraveler
HamptonBoise, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear gborotraveler,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am so sorry that you were disturbed with noise from other guestrooms. It is never fun to toss and turn with noisy neighbors disrupting you. Our evening team tries their best to ensure guests are quiet but it sounds like we may have missed it on this particular night. We can always send someone immediately to quiet noise when reported by calling the front desk. I hope that you will reach out to me direct so that I can invoke our 100% HAPPY guarantee. Yes! We guarantee your happiness and want to make it right when you don't have the best experience possible. Please reach out to me so that I can take care of you.

Thank you again and I hope to talk to you soon.

Kenny Franz