“Mexican Cowboy food”

Cowboy Cocina
Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Hailey
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Walked to Hailey's downtown looking for a quick lunch. I had a salad and my husband a burger. Service was fast, the chef came out to see how the food was and we relaxed to fun tunes & good food. I ordered a side of their fresh pico and it was fabulous!!!

Reviewed 26 August 2016

We had a great early dinner here. Order inside and you can sit in the courtyard. There were lots of families eating outside. We got a glass of wine from the neighboring wine bar.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

One of my favorite eateries in town- the food does not taste commercially made, the service is fast and friendly. You will not be disappointed in your meal!

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Several ads in our local paper said this recently-closed restaurant had reopened so we went to check it out. Definitely new management and menu. Old place was Tex-Mex and decor still reflects Western flair (saddles and wooden tables). But the menu offers nice variety of South American and Mexican fare with a few American staples. We tried the Honduran menu: chicken taquitos generous serving of 4 with tender chicken meat and served with cabbage, hard boiled egg, white cheese. Green and red salsa I requested also fresh and spicy. A friendly young lady, I'm assuming owner or manager, sat down at our table and chatted. She said she's waiting on a a liquor license which will be important: what's good comida mexicana without cerveza? I will come back and try the South American soups next time. Other than the friendly manager, service was a little dippy. But I will cut them a break; they just opened. We'll come back next time and try the beef soup or the posole (hominy and pork stew).

Reviewed 27 April 2016

I heard it was for sale a couple of months ago. Then we went to have dinner well it was empty and closed, Sorry to see it go I thought it was doing well.

Been to Cowboy Cocina? Share your experiences!