“Loved the meatloaf!”

Dixie's Diner
Ranked #5 of 230 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Stopped here for lunch on the way to SLC based on the reviews and glad we did. It's a 50s like diner. I had the open meatloaf sandwich with mushrooms, gravy, and fried onions with mashed potatoes and really enjoyed the dish. My wife's salad was also very good. It was a few miles out of the way but a lot better than what you'd normally find in places along I-15.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We were passing through Idaho Falls on our way to Yellowstone National Park. Dixie's was down the street from our hotel, a 3 minute walk. We found the menu large with something for everyone. Really enjoyed everything we have, really good onion rings, too!

1  Thank shellies756
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Good basic diner food. Menu and prices are similar to Applebee's, but food is better and the waitress will call you 'hon." I gave it 4 stars because it was a good place to eat at a reasonable price, but not exemplary. We went there craving a salad and the chef salad was good.

1  Thank sctravels1962
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Dixie's Diner, was a great find. I was in Id. Falls for an Art opening, and the owner catered the opening. Nice guy. He mentioned he had a diner 5 miles from my hotel, so we went the next morning. Walked in the place, and there he was. Obviously keeps an eye on every little detail. It's an old fashioned 50's diner (stainless steel looking), and it is squeaky clean, full of cool period decor, juke boxes at every table, lunch counter with stools, etc. Food was out of this world, waitress (Kristy) was charming and attentive, and I could see that the owner kept an eagle eye on everything going on. The next morning, before I hit the road, I went back. Same story. Place was packed, owner was there, service and food was great. At one point, I heard the owner complain that I my place at the counter, the salt shaker was missing. Attention to detail!
Highly recomended!

1  Thank WalterKurtz286
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Love the feel and look of this 50\60's diner. The food is plentiful and yummy. Bring your appetite. Staff is friendly and on the ball. Jukeboxes on the tables, so it makes for a loud environment.

1  Thank schorze32