“Can I give "No Star" rating?”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #24 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I cannot believe some people gave five or four star ratings!
I have stayed at some sub-standard motels before, but this one tops.
I was in a group and each room had different problems, TV not working, no hangers, rooms not cleaned, no coffee maker, no hot water, etc, etc. Unfortunately, the motel was full (due to the eclipse) and no change of room was possible.
What topped everything was there was no lock on the patio doors.facing the courtyeard! When complained, motel staff brought a wooden pole, broke it in half on his knee and put it in the door track. Most people of the group did not notice that there was no lock until they heard of this incident. (There was a walk path right outside the patio doors used by workers, other guests, and who knows?)
If Choice Hotels management allows this kind of ownership to be associated with their name, I would avoid other Choice Hotels.

Room Tip: Just don't stay at this motel unless your life depended on it.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We booked here for the night before and after the solar eclipse. The prices throughout the city were high and the owners of this hotel jacked up their prices like everyone else. We knew that it would be a bare bones experience but I did not expect a huge red stain (blood, cherry juice or tomato sauce who knows?) on the carpet, cigarette burn holes in the blankets and a filthy bathroom with a dripping faucet. To add injury to insult, the room was not made up when we returned at 5pm for the second night. The evening desk manager was condescending and brought fresh towels but gave the excuse that they were full the night before. I said you are not full tonight why would you not clean the rooms of the guests who are staying? I got the typical shrug of those who are clueless.

The eclipse experience was wonderful. The lack of response by the staff to our very minimal requests (a hairdryer and a working coffee machine) could not diminish the glow of that other worldly experience.

I have never stayed in an econo lodge before. This place was disgusting, I will never book one again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank FellowtravelerUT
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The property has obviously been around a while, but the rooms have been redone, the pool is excellent, and the staff is VERY nice to deal with!

Sam, especially, was always cheerful and solved any problem in a timely manner.

Breakfast was great (as described), cereal, donuts, juice.

Value far exceeded the actual cost.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Have stayed there two different times and I thought the first time was bad we'll OMG the second was a disaster! First of all my first room that was assigned was to dirty to stay in so went and complained and was given a new room. Well it wasn't much better than the first one but I was tired and accepted it after a 15 hr day. Stepped into the shower and looked up on the shelve and found not only someone else soap but dirt that was unbelievable. Complained to management I believe was one of the owners who I assume doesn't care and he said it will be taken care of. Upon my arrival that evening stepped into the shower and believe it or not soap still there along with the filth. I again mention the to the owner/manager upon checking and I got the I don't care attitude. When talking to the tour guide he stayed he also had to change rooms along with 8-9 other guest rooms. My customers were very upset at the accommodations and asked there travel absent for a complete refund for 11 rooms. Hope I never have to stay there again! I am a tour bus operator and these rooms are set up by the travel agent!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Larry U
Management response:Responded 14 August 2017

Dear Larry,
First of all we apologize for inconvenience..we work so hard to keep good costumer service for our hotel no matter what.. I have investigated your case with all the employees worked that day. when your Travel agent booked 40 rooms for 3 nights ..almost 80 people showed up.. Hotel process is like we make bunch of keys and hand it over to your tour guide as he distribute to rest of the group and driver at the end cause you have to park your big bus and come up to him and collect...mean while when people take key to room and check into room they use room and get back to him(tour guid) say they didn't like upper level instead they get bottom...so tour guid take the key back and quickly give them bottom level without checking room and allot it to next who ever come to checkin so may be you have got that room. we as management will not be responsible once the clean rooms are assigned .we feel very sorry this is being happened lot of times even after mentioning to you travel agent Lucia LU. please talk to her and resolve..Thank you

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is presently located in the middle of a construction zone. Staff were dealing with upset guests upon my arrival. When I went to my room, another first stopped me to ask about my room and indicated theirs was "not acceptable" and they'd asked for a new one. When I arrived to my room, the lights were on, the water in the tub was running, the room was dirty, bedding was missing, and what bedding was there was rumpled. It didn't look like the room had been cleaned in quite a while. Staff were unconcerned about the problem and didn't offer any resolution. We ended up somewhere else. I prepaid for this room and they didn't offer a refund, but I'm still hoping to get one.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family