“TERRIBLE SERVICE...GREAT FOOD!”

Applebee's
Ranked #22 of 238 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We went here on news years day about 5:00 pm. Not many people in the restaurant or bar area. Our order was all screwed up and could not even get a refill on our water. Kelli, Murph and some hostess that didn't do much were the ones we seen on shift. The guy murph decided to step in and help out. But he was only focused on 1 table that happened to be a manager that was there for dinner. Murph was like a little puppy dog fetching anything and everything the off duty manager wanted or needed...while ignoring all the other tables! We gobtobthis location quite often and have never received good service. The food is good..but service is always terrible! Isn't there a restaurant where you can receive great service and great food??! For the money We pay we should get both! After all they expect a tip. I do not tip...for terrible service! We won't be back.

1  Thank mitzyandmutt

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Had the steak with mushrooms and onions of the new menu with the mashed potatoes it showed up hot and pretty dang good

Reviewed 8 November 2017

The food was ordinary, the mash potatoes were cold, the vegetables just barely warm. The server stated that the kitchen staff was overwhelmed, even though the restaurant was only about 1/2 full. We had to wait for the server to take our order and then an unreasonably long time until our meal was delivered.
Altogether not a good experience

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I hadn't eaten at Applebee's in some time. I had lunch there. It was good. I had the half rack of Baby Back Ribs plate. Everything on the plate was very tasty.
The waitress was very friendly. (Only "bad" thing - she didn't come around much, I only got one cup of coffee.)
I wish they had given warm, moist clothes to wipe our hands off with while eating the ribs. I only got two small towelettes, very tacky for the price you paid for your meal.
The lunch meals didn't have much to offer, in variety. Had to get the dinner meal.
I did get the Senior 10% discount though.
I HATE TV'S WITH SPORTS ON THEM!! Everywhere I looked; a tv with baseball on it. A tv with hockey on it. A couple of tv's with soccer on it. Several tv's with football on them. And none were "live" shows. All reruns. isn't there a restaurant in town that doesn't have a tv going? My friends and I want to come to a nice restaurant, sit and enjoy our conversations and have a nice meal. No where on the Applebee's sign did it say "Applebee's Sports Bar".
It would have been okay if their bar was separated in a different room, but nope it is right in the center of the restaurant. I won't be back for quite awhile, maybe by then they will have remodeled, move the bar to a different room, and have only ONE tv in the whole place.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

The meal was okay, but not great. The baked potatoes were a little hard and one of the steaks that we ordered was tough. The server did get us a new steak that was much better, and the manager came to see if everything was okay. The green beans were fresh and the Caesar salad was good.