“Very Good; Six Visit to Copper Rill in the past 15 months”

Copper Rill Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 230 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Reservations Recommended
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We have eaten at the Copper Rill six times over the past 15 months. Each time we have really enjoyed the food and wine. The quality of the food is very good and the preparation of the food has been very good as well; especially for Southern Idaho.
We really enjoy the button mushrooms and garlic shrimp appetizers. Between my wife and I we have tried 10 of the entrees, including specials and all of have been very good. The butternut squash ravioli, pan seared chutney ribeye, lamb chops, and tiger shrimp are among our favorites. They have added a duck breast that is OK, but not great. If it were me I wouldn't serve something that is a bit unique for an Idaho restaurant like Duck unless it was spectacular and duck can be prepared spectacular.
The only item we haven't enjoyed are the crab cakes. We ordered the crab cakes on the last visit and it was unanimous among the four of us that we wouldn't reorder them. I think they were broiled, because the crispy crust from sauté that sweetens the crab mixture normally associated with crab cakes wasn't there. The mixture was bland and a bit "shredded". We had to add salt and pepper and then it was more like a shredded seafood sandwich mixture.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Started by a former chef from the Snake River Grill across the quad. Offers excellent food and service. Is very popular and reservations are a most. Located on the river across from the falls.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Comfortable, classy, quite atmosphere. Courteous, friendly service. Those are nice cherries on top of the cake, but the food was amazing. Like the difference between a good restaurant and what you imagine some crazy tv, world-class restaurant would taste like. The food is the best I've had in Idaho Falls and the value is ridiculous! We tipped our waitress 30% because we couldn't stop wondering how they make a profit!

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

WOW.....I got the Italian sausage pasta....really good for the price you pay.....I'm writing this review as I'm eating it....plus I got it to go and it came out pretty fast

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We were staying in Idaho Falls on our way to Yellowstone when we found the Copper Rill. This is a small restaurant and we didn't have a reservation but they found us a table rather quickly. The staff were all great and the owner, Shandy, makes a point of stopping at each table to chat. The food was fresh, prepared when ordered and everything is house made, including the herbed yeast rolls!! We each ordered a different menu item and every one was delicious, however, the flat iron steak with mushroom maderia sauce was amazing. If we are ever back in Idaho Falls we will make a point of returning.

1  Thank DgHe