Destinations Inn
La Quinta
US$89
Hampton.com
US$99
Motel West(Idaho Falls)(Great Value!)
US$52
Best Western Driftwood Inn(Idaho Falls)(Great Value!)
US$76
Sleep Inn & Suites(Idaho Falls)(Great Value!)
US$76
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn(Idaho Falls)(Great Value!)
US$71
Hampton Inn Idaho Falls At the Mall(Idaho Falls)(Great Value!)
US$84
Residence Inn Idaho Falls(Idaho Falls)
US$119
US$109
Residence Inn
All reviewscheesecakesteam showersparkling ciderparis roommassage tablebreakfast basketsound systemromantic getawaywatch moviesegyptian roomthemed suitelarge jetted tubspecial nightbeautiful roomenjoyed our stayrelaxing staythe bed was extremely comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Spent one Saturday night celebrating my spouse's birthday. Venice was our choice and we were not disappointed. This was our second stay. Chromotherapy gondola and steam shower added to the ambience. We selected a breakfast option they recently started by going out the next morning to a local restaurant. Getting money off the meal was a nice touch. One of the below questions asks about a flat screen TV which it does not have, but in lieu of that is a very large projection screen that we were able to use in the bed, the tub, and at the dining area.

The sparkling wine that we received while overlooking the gondola and the painted backdrop almost made us feel like we were back in Venice.

Check-in and check-out were fast and informative, even though we live in Idaho Falls. Access after hours was easy since the doors all lock after hours for security reasons.

Only minor negative was the location of the coffee pot which is not near any plug-in and had to be moved to make coffee on Sunday morning.

Would I stay there again? This was my second stay, so absolutely.

Room Tip: Read the descriptions. Massage tables, different locations, you have choices.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017

My husband and I stayed in the England room and loved it. I was most impressed by the cleanliness and organization of the room. I really liked the secret passageway. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend Destinations Inn to my friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Pros-Great service! The staff were great and friendly. They had movies you could check out at the front desk as well as fun packages to spice up the trip. Projector screens in the rooms with large screens so you can lounge on your bed and watch movies. Nice lighting and water features. There is also a nice sound system with access to lots of music. Breakfast is included and left at your door in the morning which is awesome.

The only con is that some of the rooms are starting to show signs of wear, but I know they have been renovating.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We were excited about staying here, but the reality is less than the chimera. We stayed in the Athens room for one night.

Yes, the room was visually wonderful, but whoever designed it forgot about the creature comforts that make a hotel stay memorable. Take all of the other reviews seriously. You need a masters degree in Information Technology to figure out the television remotes. (I have one, it was still difficult for me.) You slip and slide out of the bathtub, fearing for a broken hip. The lighting has four settings (one of them is off,) and none of them are perfect - you can’t turn an individual light on or off.

And then there’s the other things. To make coffee, you have to walk back and forth from the coffee pot to the sink, about 30 feet, carrying one cup at a time to fill a six cup pot. There’s no cream in the refrigerator, only the stupid packets of powder. You’re a tea drinker? That’s your problem, glad I brought my own. The Wi-Fi’s hit or miss.

There’s no comfortable chair or sofa to sit on, yet there’s plenty of room to make a sitting area. However a good thing, the massage table was a nice place to put our suitcases on.

I won’t be staying here again, I suggest you don’t.

Room Tip: Go to one of the other wonderful hotels in town
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Larry F, Owner at Destinations Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you for reading this response. We work very hard to make sure that our guests have a good experience and when they don't, we want to make it right. Please allow me to address some of the issues that they mentioned.
It is true that the coffee maker is not in a convenient location and that the room lacks comfortable chairs. We have spent thousands of dollars this year on more comfortable chairs for some of the rooms and are planning on adding chairs to this room as soon as we find some we like.
We recently installed a 75 inch smart TV in this room. We are looking at different options to simplify the remote system.
The lights do have preset settings but you can also change them individually.
We do have tea available upon request.
We recently spent thousands of dollars to have fiber optics installed in the hotel. We have great bandwidth for the Wifi but the routers need to updated now to better reach the outer rooms.
Like I mentioned at the beginning, we want everyone to have a wonderful experience.
Our hotel is not perfect, but we are constantly working to improve it and we appreciate comments from our guests to help us recognize what needs to be done.
If someone is having a problem, we are there to help resolve it. Also, if one of our guests doesn't like the room they picked, we are more than happy to work with them and move them to a different room if there are other rooms available.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

From the outside the property looks like a stodgy old building. We booked the Paris Suite. Crazy! A small fountain in the entry way, the sleeping quarters up a couple of steps, and craziest and fun of all: The shower is inside the Eiffel Tower!
The suite was quiet and the bed good. The only negative is the entertainment system. TV screen comes down from the ceiling. My wife and I, both technically savvy, could not figure out how to get the TV to play, although we did get some music after a while. The jumble of electronic gear and wires next to the bed almost had my wife and I yelling at each other as neither could figure it out. Finally we went out for dinner and never watched TV. The staff was cordial. The price was exorbitant, but probably because it was one of the very last rooms available in Idaho Falls on the eve of the eclipse.
For a funky time consider this destination (Destinations Inn).
It's one of a kind in the world to our experience.

Room Tip: A fun place if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple