Review Highlights
Thrilling and exciting

Last weekend I took a trip on the lochsa river with a party of 6. From the start of the morning i... read more

Reviewed 17 June 2021
nicholaspO375LQ
Great time on the river

Reviewed 22 July 2019
jJessup
Nampa, Idaho
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2019 via mobile

What a great time on the river! We floated the Clearwater and it was pretty smooth with a few class 2 rapids. We had a young teen so we couldn’t do the river with class 3 and 4s. Still very enjoyable, crystal clear waters and beautiful scenery! Enjoyable lunch on a sandy beach included with the trip.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank jJessup
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

This last visit was my third trip down the Lochsa with ROW Adventures, and by no means will it be my last.

The river was running much higher than the previous years, about 13,000 Butterball turkeys a second!

Despite the weather forecast for Kooskia, 65 degrees and rain, we had a perfect day on the river, 78 degrees and beautiful sunny day, the clouds started to roll in as we reached our pull out spot. Rain started 2 hours later.

Our guide Curtis, with a "C", was awesome. He was incredibly informative about the local history, geography, geology and wildlife. He also had faith in our crew and we successfully completed the 7-10 split on "Ten Pin", a technically challenging move, without spilling. Also down the middle of Lochsa Falls, 15 foot wall of water, no worries.

The River Dance Lodge provides many levels of accommodations: camping, "Glamping" or rental units. The Cafe provides excellent food at very reasonable prices.

ROW is dedicated to safety and their Guests having a great time. The guides are some of the most qualified in the business and have so much passion for what they do.

I am already looking forward to next years trip.

Date of experience: June 2017
Peter G, Owner at Lochsa River Rafting - ROW, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thank you so much for the great review!
Curtis is fantastic and I'm sure he'll be excited to hear about the positive feedback. Our guides pride themselves on being adventurous and making sure our guests have a great time, but we always keep safety and professionalism at the forefront of our minds.
Congrats on completing your third Lochsa adventure and we can't wait for you to join us for your fourth. See you at River Dance Lodge!

Reviewed 19 June 2016

Excellent guides, Beautiful location.Just spent three days on the river and had a perfect family vacation. Exciting river for family of 6. Ages 17 to 53. May want to consider going in May if want the full force of the river but this time mid June still plenty of water and enough excitement for family to have a few thrills and weather nice. If you go in may bring gloves. We did an overnight on the river and the 2nd day is was raining so hands were very cold in am. Our guides fixed a gourmet meal for dinner complete with appetizers beer and wine.Could not believe we did not see another raft on river during our three days mid week.

Date of experience: June 2016
Peter G, Owner at Lochsa River Rafting - ROW, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy to hear you and your family enjoyed the trip! What a fun thing for you all to do together. As you said, since it's an early season river, the temperatures can vary quite a bit, and bringing along some gloves never hurts. Thanks again for joining us, and I hope you'll join us again sometime!

Reviewed 14 June 2016

I am not a fan of moving water! It took my friends two years to talk me into going rafting. Two weeks before the trip I tried to cancel on them. Since I already paid for the trip and it was non refundable I agreed to at least go with them. I remember standing on the river bank of the Lochsa scared out of my mind trying to decide if I was going to get in the raft! Somehow got in the raft....I don't remember making that decision but I got in the raft! I am so happy that I not chicken out!!! Our guide Chris was amazing! I still don't know how he made our raft do the things it did. His confidence and rafting skills were off the charts! For some reason he had faith in a raft full or rookies to do the "double split" on 10 pin alley! Thank you to ROW for the friendly staff, gourmet food, and top notch accommodations! Most of all a HUGE thank you to Chris for helping me face my fear of moving water. June 4th 2016 will be a day I will always remember! You have made me a fan of whitewater rating! I am hooked and can't wait for my next trip!

Date of experience: June 2016
2  Thank dougsprecher

Thanks for writing a review. Wow, what a great story! I'm so glad to hear you overcame your fear, and got on the river, and that Chris helped you do it. He is a very talented guide, and we are lucky to have him. I hope you'll join us again sometime for some more fun on the river!

Reviewed 7 June 2016

First time on the Lochsa. Raft some in Colorado, first time in Idaho. this was as good as rafting in CO. Did it in May with high water and it was a blast - lots of big rapids. Loved our guide, good lunch half way down.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank stephanies358

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us on the Lochsa! It's a great river, with fun rapids. Hope you'll join us again sometime!