“Great hotel with absolutely wonderful staff.”

Home Hotel Lava Hot Springs
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This was our first trip to Lava Hot Springs. It was a much needed trip. This hotel was wonderful and very relaxing; extremely clean and so close to everything. Best place in town. The staff were wonderful. We would highly recommend it to others. We will definitely be going back in the summer, fall and winter. Thank you Home Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Home Hotel Lava Hot Springs

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Love this hotel great place to stay. Rooms are remodled and very comfortable

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2012

They did a great job on the rooms that they remodeled! We stayed in #441. We thought with being RIGHT by the lobby and front door it would be loud but it wasn't at all! Definitely worth the extra money. They're small but with how old the building is they have done an excellent job with what they had to work with. My husband and I went to Lava for a little weekend get away and the Home Hotel was perfect for us. I think my favorite part was the bed! It was SO COMFY!! Pretty much everything is also within walking distance and the staff was very nice and professional. The only downfall was we arrived a little early (which we told them we would be earlier rather then later that night) but they still wouldn't let us check in til 3. We loved our stay and would recommend Home Hotel to anyone (well at least the remodeled rooms anyways, haven't tried their other rooms) As far as Lava we would not recommend the Chuckwagon restaurant. We waited for our food for over 30 min and all I had was a grilled cheese sandwich and my husband had a baked potato. Which then I got sick afterwards. Hopefully they were just having a bad night and that's not how it is every night.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in had a/c king size bed and a mini fridge. I don't think all of them do. I...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We arrived in lava for our first time there and was surprised by how small the town was but relieved we'd booked the best looking hotel. The front desk attendant was nice and helped recommend a place for dinner. The room was small but very clean and comfortable. We were so happy and would definitely recommend it to our family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed at the Home Hotel with my Husband on Valentine’s Day and we thought it was a very nice place to stay. We stayed in the Gustav Klimt room and it was quite beautiful. The tub was huge and inviting (not jetted though) and everything was clean. We thought the mattress was wonderful and very comfortable. It was a shame that we couldn’t sleep though.
The sounds of the trains made it nearly impossible to sleep throughout the night. I was annoyed by the loud horns that were blaring all day and all night, not to mention the rumbling sound of the trains… it sounded like the train was going to come through our room! I slept more, but I am a heavy sleeper, my Husband is not and should have brought ear plugs. I was aware of this noise problem before we booked the room, but I thought “How bad could it be?”…….OMG. It was awful! I thought that maybe we could stand the noise for a night, but that rumbling train vibrations shook the floor and could not be ignored. And the train conductor would lay on the horn for minutes at a time, it was deafening!
We live in downtown Salt Lake City and we hear lots of noises, in fact we live down the street from the train station but we have never lost any sleep from the trains, or any other noises. I wonder how the people in this town could stand that noise constantly. Even if they sound-proof the rooms, there’s no way around the shaking vibrations. It’s a shame that those trains run day and night making so much noise, because the Home Hotel is really a beautiful place to stay, and very peaceful (when it’s quiet).

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
15.7 km away
The Harkness Hotel
The Harkness Hotel
#1 of 1 in McCammon

Been to Home Hotel Lava Hot Springs? Share your experiences!