“Great staff, great bar, terrible food”

Farmhouse Kitchen and Silo Bar
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Ponderay
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Description: Homecooked food is what we strive for. Great ingredients with a little bit of flair. We slow cook and smoke brisket, ribs and pork shoulder for 20 hours with our own smoker. We have the best fried chicken created by our award winning chef, Adam Hegsted. Come in and try us out.
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I had great hopes for this new restaurant. Went to the bar first and loved it. Came back and had lunch another day and they can't even do a hamburger. They use Wood's ground beef which is high quality and local. They asked me how I wanted my hamburger cooked and I said medium. What I got was so over cooked that it had no flavor and was totally dried out.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Wonderful food. We each had a cup of clam chowder which was excellent and then shared the rack of lamb special. This restaurant has its own smoker and the meat was wonderful. All local farm-market meals. Any meal that passed by us on the way to another table look amazing !! We would be right back there tomorrow night if staying over an extra night.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Had breakfast with son and daughter in law, we were staying at Ruby's next door. The meal was excellent, and the serve matched. Will try dinner next time, also a great place to watch sports, in the Bar.

Adam H, Owner at Farmhouse Kitchen and Silo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been going here since they first opened. We have found the staff to be very professional yet lots of fun. The menu is unique and we have enjoyed breakfast lunch and dinner without any issues. My husband has a few food restrictions and they have always been willing to make adjustments. The restaurant side is different than the bar so there are options for family needs. We would highly recommend you go and don’t listen to the other naysayers!!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I found this to be a refreshing change from the same old, same old medium-priced restaurants. My sirloin dip sandwich was wonderful; the meat portion was generous and flavorful and the bread was perfection. I loved the open atmosphere and cool vibe. The really best part, though, and the main thing that ensures my return---NO TVs! Yay! I had almost given up on finding a quiet, pleasant TV-less restaurant. It was so refreshing. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars, though, was that my husband wasn't happy that his burger didn't come with the fixin's. It was huge, but a little plain for the price. Other than that, however, we were pleased and want to go back to try other menu items.