“Great Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2015

Saw a few negative reviews on TripAdvisor but we had a hankering for Mexican food so we gave Jalapenos a try. Service was excellent, the staff actually made conversation rather than the usual "restaurant 101 school" platitudes. Fresh nachos and water are presented as soon as you sit down, someone is there to take a drink order shortly after and then the server appears, tells the specials and we're off!!

My wife opted for the Carne Asada with a chile relleno while as soon as the server said the special was two beef burritos with rice and beans, I said, "Sold."

Both meals were excellent and served piping hot, which is a neccessity with Mexican foods. The burritos were above average but I've got to say that the best burritos in North America (and we've travelled through Arizona, Texas and California) is at Viva Burritos in Oshawa, Ontario Canada.

Still, Jalapenos rates a definite "highly recommended" from us.

Jalapeños S, Owner at Jalapenos, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Thank you for dining with us and for the great review. It sounds like we'll have to take a trip to Oshawa for a burrito tasting! We hope to see you in town again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

I've loved Jalapenos for years. It's a must when visiting Sandpoint. They have unlimited chips and salsa for free. My favorite things to order are the strawberry margarita, the carne asada burrito and the deep fried ice cream. They are reasonably priced and give you a lot of food. They also have our door seating and a bar area.

Jalapeños S, Owner at Jalapenos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2015

Great recommendations Sarah! Thank you for the review; see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2015

We came here because a friend's parents just love this place. I had spinach and artichoke enchiladas with a couple different cheeses. It came with a side of beans and rice. I liked the enchilada more than the two sides. My friend has fish tacos and loved them. They actually looked yummy but I didnt get to try them.

Thank you for dining with us and for posting the review! Come back soon and try the fish tacos for yourself!

Reviewed 6 July 2015

When you travel, search a eatery with this web page and have a choice between CDA and Sandpoint and you choose Sandpoint the eatery is closed. Took a lower rated eatery and it is open. A eatery that is closed. We went here and were very happy. Three picky kids. They loved it. Two picked off the kids menu. Happy. Happy kids happy parents. Got seated promptly. Daughter with a teenage attitude loved the nachos. Hugh size and in the end everyone helped finished. Well done. I had the Verdi pork burrito and again a good serving and very good. Wife had the spinach artichoke enchiladas. Wife and I always taste each others . Very good. Why does this place not rank higher. Dessert was the standard fare. Fried ice cream. Boys and girls each shared one. Good size. Service was quick. Servers friendly and helpful. Decor was standard. Was it tex mex.
Mex is mex. Well done. Eat here. Why are they not rated higher. Open

Reviewed 24 June 2015

nice decor, very friendly service but food was bland and mediocre at best. Probably would not return