All reviews historic town lodging choices small town step back in time bathroom wall in easy walking distance room was clean would stay again mini fridge and microwave bike trail an older property shower head donuts place to sleep late at night off the highway parking lot
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Worst customer relations I have ever experienced. Unprofessional and unfair business practices.

My husband and I have stayed here the past 6 years for the Wallace Blues Festival. My husband is disabled so we have always had room 1 on ground floor, close to restaurant next door.

When I turned in keys today and asked to reserve for next year, I was told all rooms were already taken. Was told I was too late. If there was an earlier cutoff time, no one told us.

A few years ago the staff tried to move us upstairs because someone else wanted our room. My husband called and complained to the sister hotel, the Wallace Inn. About an hour later we were called back and told room 1 was still ours.

I think they may have new management, but they better figure it out soon!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We chose the Stardust because it was the only place available for the weekend preceding July 4th, and we didn't want to camp for a couple of nights. After reading other reviews, we took a chance at booking 2 nights.

We were warmly greeted by the manager, but unfortunately were not able to check in prior to 1 PM. We did get a ground floor room when we tried to check in and it was ready when we returned. Other staff also tried to be helpful and pleasant.

Because all of Wallace is on the National Registry of Historic Places, its probably hard to update the facility, but they probably could at least install new curtains to replace the torn ones. Our room was clean, but the bed was so-so. Water was hot. They also give you a couple of bottles of water and small bags of ice.

Breakfast is ok - bagels and cream cheese, coffee, yogurt, dry cereal.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Basic, clean stay. Included breakfast which was a nice surprise, especially before a two day mountain bike race. Convenient to the bike park, restaurants nearby were satisfying, good value overall. Would stay again.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This is an old motel but don't pass it by due to the outward appearance. The rooms are great. They are clean and comfortable and everything works. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. It's a great value. Be sure to talk a walk through this charming town before leaving.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We saw a sign for this while ride the nearby bike trail. We changed our plans so we could stay here and we loved it. Walking distance to everything in this very unique town. Clean and friendly accommodations. Breakfast is a bit weak but it was serviceable.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple