All reviews historic town lodging choices small town step back in time room was clean bathroom wall in easy walking distance mini fridge and microwave great sleep rooms are big would stay again great weekend an older property shower head hiawatha trail place to sleep late at night
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

It looks like improvement is in process but far from complete. The towels were okay and I think the drapes had been replaced.
The bed was not great. Maybe the room we had was awaiting updates/repairs. The shower head in the vintage pink bathroom looked like it was not attached so well to the wall. The caulk around the tub had nasty blackened areas. That can be cleaned. It really can. The tub did not drain as it should ... backup to your ankles ... hate that. I think the room we had was a smoking room recently because it smelled pretty funky. This should be a two-star rating but the pleasant & helpful staff gives it an extra one. There are limited choices for accommodations in Wallace and we'll probably try for somewhere else next time.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This was a very clean and comfortable motel in a great little mining town. There's plenty of things to do in the town of Wallace, so you might want to stay a couple of nights. From its look, you don't expect much, but the rooms had everything you needed, including a mini fridge and a microwave. It was in a very safe area, and there are plenty of places within walking distance to eat, relax and meet people. There are also a number of small museums to visit. If you are staying in Wallace, check out this hotel. It's right there in town and is just overall convenient to all you might need.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Worst customer relations I have ever experienced. Unprofessional and unfair business practices.

My husband and I have stayed here the past 6 years for the Wallace Blues Festival. My husband is disabled so we have always had room 1 on ground floor, close to restaurant next door.

When I turned in keys today and asked to reserve for next year, I was told all rooms were already taken. Was told I was too late. If there was an earlier cutoff time, no one told us.

A few years ago the staff tried to move us upstairs because someone else wanted our room. My husband called and complained to the sister hotel, the Wallace Inn. About an hour later we were called back and told room 1 was still ours.

I think they may have new management, but they better figure it out soon!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We chose the Stardust because it was the only place available for the weekend preceding July 4th, and we didn't want to camp for a couple of nights. After reading other reviews, we took a chance at booking 2 nights.

We were warmly greeted by the manager, but unfortunately were not able to check in prior to 1 PM. We did get a ground floor room when we tried to check in and it was ready when we returned. Other staff also tried to be helpful and pleasant.

Because all of Wallace is on the National Registry of Historic Places, its probably hard to update the facility, but they probably could at least install new curtains to replace the torn ones. Our room was clean, but the bed was so-so. Water was hot. They also give you a couple of bottles of water and small bags of ice.

Breakfast is ok - bagels and cream cheese, coffee, yogurt, dry cereal.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Basic, clean stay. Included breakfast which was a nice surprise, especially before a two day mountain bike race. Convenient to the bike park, restaurants nearby were satisfying, good value overall. Would stay again.

Date of stay: June 2017