All reviewshistoric townlodging choicessmall townstep back in timebathroom wallin easy walking distanceroom was cleanwould stay againmini fridge and microwavebike trailan older propertyshower headdonutsplace to sleeplate at nightoff the highwayparking lot
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Late at night and wanting to go further, I pulled off the highway into Wallace and found this gem. Clean, comfortable. Incredibly friendly staff. Great breakfast. Staff was very knowledgeable about Wallaces history. I will go back.

Room Tip: You get a real room key with your room number on it. Just like the old days!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We stayed overnight. The staff were very kind and helpful.
The room was dated but clean. The price was great!
It would be great if they could make the lower level rooms more accessible for the wheelchairs, there is a step up, so we had to lift the electric chair up and down but for the price very do-able. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

It looks like improvement is in process but far from complete. The towels were okay and I think the drapes had been replaced.
The bed was not great. Maybe the room we had was awaiting updates/repairs. The shower head in the vintage pink bathroom looked like it was not attached so well to the wall. The caulk around the tub had nasty blackened areas. That can be cleaned. It really can. The tub did not drain as it should ... backup to your ankles ... hate that. I think the room we had was a smoking room recently because it smelled pretty funky. This should be a two-star rating but the pleasant & helpful staff gives it an extra one. There are limited choices for accommodations in Wallace and we'll probably try for somewhere else next time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This was a very clean and comfortable motel in a great little mining town. There's plenty of things to do in the town of Wallace, so you might want to stay a couple of nights. From its look, you don't expect much, but the rooms had everything you needed, including a mini fridge and a microwave. It was in a very safe area, and there are plenty of places within walking distance to eat, relax and meet people. There are also a number of small museums to visit. If you are staying in Wallace, check out this hotel. It's right there in town and is just overall convenient to all you might need.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Worst customer relations I have ever experienced. Unprofessional and unfair business practices.

My husband and I have stayed here the past 6 years for the Wallace Blues Festival. My husband is disabled so we have always had room 1 on ground floor, close to restaurant next door.

When I turned in keys today and asked to reserve for next year, I was told all rooms were already taken. Was told I was too late. If there was an earlier cutoff time, no one told us.

A few years ago the staff tried to move us upstairs because someone else wanted our room. My husband called and complained to the sister hotel, the Wallace Inn. About an hour later we were called back and told room 1 was still ours.

I think they may have new management, but they better figure it out soon!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family