All reviewshistoric townlodging choicessmall townstep back in timebathroom wallin easy walking distanceroom was cleanwould stay againmini fridge and microwavebike trailan older propertyshower headdonutsplace to sleeplate at nightoff the highwayparking lot
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Good value,great host,friendly and helpful, large room,Large old fitted out room and bathroom,good shower,both clean, worst part was the pillows, probably the worst pillow ever.Wifi and basic breakfast.I would still come back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017

This motel is historical 50's. Everything is funky and retro-fitted. Not many outlets, decor is functional, it feels like a step back in time. But it is clean, the beds are comfy, there is a frig., microwave, and coffee maker. Within walking distance of restaurants and the town. The folks working there were just fantastic , so friendly and helpful. This place worked for us, we loved it !!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017

The rooms are clean and comfortable, the place is a bit old but the staff is pleasant and knowledgeable. Price was right. The hotel is in easy walking distance from downtown. We had a good time. Thanks

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for the night traveling across country. Cheap stay and old decor, but very clean!
Pet friendly and a good area to walk the dogs around after a long day.
Gas station very close. For breakfast there were bagels and cream cheese out.
Nothing extravagant, but a good night's sleep after a long day of driving!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Passport430954
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I visited with my daughter after biking the Hiawatha Trail and found everything clean in our room. Front desk staff was very friendly and even loaned us bear spray the next morning for our Pulaski Trail hike--even though we were checked out and not spending another night. The motel is old-style like the '60s or '70s but everything in the rooms was updated--very clean. I enjoyed sitting outside my 2nd floor room with my coffee in the morning. I don't understand why some of the reviews are complaint-ridden. You can tell from the photos on-line that this is kind of an old-school style motel, so don't expect a Hyatt or Hilton in the first place. The price was very reasonable for tourist season. I think some guests perhaps enjoy being picky?!? We were within walking distance of the downtown area shops and restaurants; charming and historic town.

Room Tip: Upstairs near lobby for sitting out to people-watch
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family