“Never a let down!”

Mandarin Bistro
Ranked #12 of 95 Restaurants in Bloomingdale
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

By far the best food i have had. I will drive 25 miles out of my way to eat the food here. Everything tastes fresh, soup is delicious, both of them, and the sweet/sour sauce is amazing. I have tried 5 different lunch deals ( reasonably priced) and each is better than the next. I have tried so many chinese restaurants in my life and this is bar none the absolute best! Service is quick and friendly too!

1  Thank jonfawn

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Mandarin Bistro is by far the best chinese food I've ever had!! And I'm a tough critic. She always uses top knotch indredients. The mango chicken is awesome. The chicken is real white meat. Not some slimy rubbery chicken you find elsewhere eating chinese. The pepper steak is also great. The egg rolls are crispy and the filling is mostly meat not cabbage which you find elsewhere. By far the best chinese in Dupage. Go here!! I'm lucky I live right around the corner.

1  Thank bobbicat
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Best around. Fresh ingredients. Friendly staff. Great portions. If you are in the area make sure to stop by.

1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 20 June 2016

We been looking for a nice “sit down” Chinese restaurant alternative for some time. During our search we have had some interesting experiences with worse than average food and poor service so we are always skeptical of trying a new place. Thus, we now ask question about menu offering before ordering hoping to avoid surprises. Our waitress gladly answered our questions and immediately accommodated my request to modify a menu item which I then ordered. After finishing our meal we believe we finally found our "go to Chinese restaurant". The appearance of the facility is welcoming and clean and they offer an extensive lunch and dinner menu; dine in or take out.

We were there for dinner on Fathers Day 2016. We started out with the cup of soup that comes with each dinner item. I had the Hot and Sour (HS) soup; my wife the Won Ton soup, both our respective favorites and both were very good. I especially liked the HS soup and it seemed mild to the taste at first, then the hot came to play and made my mouth very happy. My wife's Won Ton soup pleased her too. I ordered the Egg Foo Young; she the Shrimp and Vegetables. We both had an egg roll to go along with the meal. The egg roll was tasty but was a bit small. The Egg Foo Young was nicely served, hot and I certainly did enjoy the meal. My wife Shrimp and Veggies was according to her “the best she has had thus far in our quest for a “go to restaurant”. Upon tasting her meal I fully agreed with her opinion. Top items in our dining experience were the HS & Won Ton soups which were excellent as were both dinner entrees. Overall the meal and service were quite satisfactory and above average.

After dinner we spoke to the staff in more detail about the restaurant and the menu items. Our questions about menu item ingredients were fully discussed and we developed a confidence level that anything ordered from the menu would meet our expectations. We also learned that The Mandarin Bistro is recognized as one of the TOP 100 Chinese Restaurants in the USA. in addition, It is a family operated business, at this location for 10 years and has a loyal following the the Bloomingdale / Roselle area. We look forward to additional visits to the Mandarin Bistro in future.

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

Good for carry out or dine in. Menu says, "Winner of Top 100 Chinese Restaurants in US By Chinese Restaurant News!" I believe it... This time I ordered House Special Chow Mein. Delicious!