“Best fast Mexican food around.”
Review of Taco Diner

Taco Diner
Ranked #13 of 163 Restaurants in Bolingbrook
Description: Taco Diner serves the most authentic Mexican food in Bolingbrook! We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offer complementary chips and salsa to all of our guests. Are you in a hurry? Call ahead for carry-out.We offer a variety of traditional Mexican plates, such as tacos, burritos, tortas, quesadillas, and our fulfilling dinner platters. Try favorites such as our Taco Salad, Fajita Tacos, and our Chile Rellenos. We also have items available ala carte.Taco Diner only uses the best meats, the freshest ingredients, and we prepare all of our dishes to order. We also proudly serve USDA prime skirt steak. Check our website for updated daily specials.
Reviewed 16 December 2015

Mine and my husbands favorite little spot! The food is so fresh and tasty! The service is great! You are always greeted with a smile and the staff is very helpful! I love the chips and green salsa they serve before the meal. My favorite entrée item is the vegetarian sopes!!! mmmmm!!!! You will bot be disappointed!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

We ordered take out on a Saturday early evening and expected a long wait due to other reviews we have read elsewhere. It really wasn't much of a wait for our food. I was pleased that everything was as ordered. We have grown accustomed to Mexican restaurants around here either using corn tortillas when we ask for flour, or giving us ground beef when we ask for steak, or forgetting the salsas. This didn't happen here. They even remembered the drink for the kids meal. Unfortunately, we tasted salt in everything we ordered, even the salsa. Salt was the only seasoning in the chicken tacos and burrito, and the uniform chicken dices tasted and looked like they were straight out of a can. There was nothing seasoned in the chicken burrito so it tasted exactly like a chicken sandwich, only in a tortilla wrap. The tacos el pastor had a much better flavor than the chicken, but the salt was still very pronounced and there were no crispy bits or flavor that make it "el pastor" to me. It was a soft pork taco, and it was ok. The steak tacos were the winner of the bunch, with lots of flavor and a good portion of meat in the tortillas. You could almost not taste the salt. We ordered all tacos as Mexican style, which came with a full handful of cilantro and onions on each. I'm not sure if it was just a cook with a heavy hand that day or if they always use that much salt, but we would have liked their food a lot more if they cut back on the salt. We plan on trying it again just to see.

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Hidden in a strip mall next to Panera. They have seating and it is always full but you will get a table.

You order, they bring you complimentary chips that are hot and homemade and 3 salsas from mild to hit all great and tasty!

We had the chicken enchiladas and steak taco platters. steak was tender melted in your mouth, chicken enchiladas were fantastic! Beans and rice were good and fresh!

They have a huge menu, burritos looked huge not filled with rice like that chain restaurant everyone loves lol

They are so great they are launching three other locations! I will be back!!

Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

We really enjoy the food here. Not too salty and not too spicy but authentic all the same. Prices are very good too for decent size portions. The free chips are nothing special but they are free.
The staff seems pleased to wait on the customers. The dine in area is VERY CASUAL. Very busy place. They have Coke fountain pop which is a huge plus! Free self refills!
Burrito was $6.75. 2 item combo meal was $6.99.
Give this place a try, you will leave satisfied!

Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

Came in on break ordered my food I ordered American nachos no meat 5.99 on board 5.99$ in menu guy charges me 7.49 I say I don't want meat he says no I didn't press button to pick meat you won't get meat ok then why was I charged for meat he can't seem to explain it and refuses to fix it what is that food is average walking distance from work if you eat here check your receipt they will over charge you everyte hoping you don't notice!!!!! Granted 1.50 is not huge amount but it is just not right.