“Great fresh soups/salads/sandwiches in bustling, high energy setting”
Review of Cafe Zupas

Cafe Zupas
Ranked #18 of 107 Restaurants in Buffalo Grove
Reviewed 7 March 2017

My wife and I visited and lunch and each had a combo of freshly made soup and sandwich, and the house-made quality was excellent. There are lots of great choices, although the staff admitted right up front that most of the soups were rich and creamy types, and there were only two lighter, broth-based types. Hopefully that will change; some of us like to eat a bit lighter/healthier. The dining room is all hard surfaces (including the tables and most of the seats) so it's what the restaurant industry calls "high energy," which translates to noisy and not suitable for relaxing/lingering. Still, it's bright and airy and pretty clean, so we'll be back I'm sure.

1  Thank retro1959

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We tried Zupas just after it first opened. The salads, soups and sandwiches were good. The lunch specials were well priced. My only issue was that the salads were all set, unlike another salad place down the street where you can make it your way.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Since this place just opened up we thought we would try it. The food was good, the way you order it was a bit confusing. There was a long line the day we went because they had advertised a 50% off one entree. You start at one end and order sandwich or salad, then soup, desert, drinks and pick up your order at the end of the line. But if you want to substitute things on salads offered you are supposed to tell the first person not the person making the salad which doesn't make sense to me. You should be able to point and say what you want on it. I ordered the turkey bacon panini, it was good but the bacon wasn't cooked very well and the outside of the sandwich was a bit greasy. The best part is they give you a chocolate covered strawberry with every order..that was delicious!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is a new restaurant to our neighborhood. My wife and I found the menu to be very vast. Lot's of great salad, sandwich and soup offerings. I recommend the Pesto chicken sandwich and the tomato basil soup. Some of the best I have ever had.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Wow! I am NOT impressed! Appearances of carefully constructed salads and panini are DASHED by the reality of thrown together salads with very very small portions of your toppings - and mechanically timed pop-up panini makers timed....
This is so generic, inside so poorly designed, so complex of a menu.... and let me mention the "skin soup" -- that is, a layer on top of the soups!!! Yuckky!!! These soups need to be stored constantly and regularly so a skin does not form....

My stomach did a flip flop at the sight of the congealed mushroom ladle full of soup remaining.... I selected the cauliflower soup and was VERY disappointed.
Tasteless, absolutely tasteless!!!!

Skip this place....prediction: will close its doors in 2-3 months!!!

3  Thank Ben E