“Cafe Zupas: Decent Food, Bad Management and Implimentation”
Review of Cafe Zupas

Cafe Zupas
Ranked #21 of 111 Restaurants in Buffalo Grove
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Cafe Zupas had become a regular stop for "fast" food for me and my wife. The main issue is the management and the policies. My wife ordered Tomato Basil with Orzo tonight. For the second time in a row "we're out of orzo, do you want to wait 20 minutes while we make some more?" Really? The excuse is that they make it fresh so it's not left overnight. What they are really saying is "we're to cheap to make something and have some of it go to waste just to have it ready for customers.

The other major problem we have with Cafe Zupas is the lack of employee training. Apparently employees think the the gloves that they wear are to protect them, not us. They clean the counters with them on. Put away dirty dishes and then keep on the same pair on to serve us. Yuk!!!!

No thanks!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Zupas had a nice menu with some interesting choices. There were loads of healthy ingredients and choices which could be customized. We chose to do a Pick two combo. Unfortunately, the "bowl" choices were not able to be a part of the combo as it only came in the one size. Our sandwiches were very tasty. We got the pesto grilled cheese and the braised turkey. The salads were tasty. I was disappointed by the soup. I got the kale, quinoa, vegetable. It was tasty, except there was just too much broth. For that price, I expect the soup to be loaded with ingredients. I was surprised as the restaurant is named "Zupas".
The staff could not be more helpful and friendly.
We will definitely be coming back for the sandwiches and salads. When I want a good soup I will be going to "Zoup" in Glenview as they have the BEST soup.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I'd been wanting to try Zupas after hearing good things about it from a friend. I had the Thai Peanut Coconut bowl. It was good, but the flavors were not as amazing as I had anticipated and I thought there should have been a little more tofu on it (and also a little more flavor to the tofu). Still, I appreciated that they offer a decent selection of vegetarian/vegan options and I really like the freshness of the ingredients. I would go back to try a few other things.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I stumbled upon this gem when I needed a quick bite to eat. My mangoberry salad was delicious and I loved the chocolate covered strawberry that came on the side. All ingredients are clearly listed for each menu item so you know exactly what you’re ordering. I can’t wait to go back and try some of the other salads and soups.

1  Thank TravelingMamaGlv
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We thought this would be just another run of the mill soup and sandwich restaurant. It was not! Right away we were impressed by the cleanliness and appealing decor. Lots of soup choices and we were even offered samples before deciding. Sandwiches, soups, fruit drinks and desserts were excellent, next time we will try the salads. The staff members were extremely pleasant and helpful.

1  Thank RJZ18