See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2005

When we arrived at Jerome Place and were shown around this random ranch home in your basic dumpy ranch home neighborhood, we thought, "Well, it's not as aesthetically pleasing as we expected, but it's a place to sleep."

Wrong.

As one reviewer mentioned, the "king-size" bed is actually two twin mattresses... no cuddling allowed!

The oscillating fan attached to the wall in the bedroom rattled so badly we turned it off... only to be serenaded every half hour by the multiple horn blasts of each passing freight train. In between trains we heard dozens of jets taking off and landing -- all night long!! -- at the small airport a couple of fields away. We finally remembered the earplugs we had brought and were able to drift off to a fitful sleep around 4 a.m.

The hostess was nice, but the hors d'oeuvres she served in her best Tupperware were "left-overs" from a party she had attended two days previously. Eeew.

I enjoy kitsch decor as much as the next person, but by the time I got out of there I was ready for the Hyatt (which is where we ended up staying in St. Louis).

3  Thank Sightseer15251
Reviewed 30 September 2003

This B&B is a ranch-style suburban house set up with three rooms. Only one has a private bath (one has a private half-bath). The breakfast was okay, but we were very disappointed with the room. I was told over the phone that we would have a king-sized bed, but it was really two twin-sized beds pushed together. The mattresses were not connected, and we even had separate sheets! The house was obviously just that--a house. The hostess had junk mail in piles and other stacks of books and such that made it seem cluttery. The above-ground pool took up the entire back yard and did little to enhance the view. While I felt like the hostess really wanted to please, the location and overall presentation make this B&B one I would not recommend to friends.

7  Thank TrailBlazer37124