“one of the best relaxing places ever!!!”

Jungle Beach by Uga Escapes
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kuchchaveli
Reviewed 28 April 2015

I visited Jungle beach along with my family on the 18th of April for a 2 night stay on half board basis. When I first entered the place the welcome we got was very warm, we were treated with a decent gingery tamarind juice. first thing I do anywhere I go is inquire about the food the hotel offers, when I heard they do not have buffet, and what they serve is a set menu with 4 options I was a bit disappointed. I spoke to my family and was contemplating whether to restrict the trip for one night.
however I thought of letting the hotel know about my concerns and informed the front office manager Thimasha and she introduced me to the F&B manager, Mr Rohana. Rohana however told me that he will do everything in his capacity to make my stay a very pleasant.
in the evening we were able to explore the beach and let me tell you how wonderful it was. it was almost a private beach with the extreme privacy. soon after a drink we thought of ordering some appetizers for our selves to enjoy a alcohol beverage before dinner. we chose battered prawns and a devilled pork, gotta say one of the best I ever had.
Then we went to have our dinner, they served Lamb chops, a thai dish and 2 other dishes. sadly only the people who chose the lamb chops enjoyed the dinner that night. however voicd my concern again and once again Rohana looked a bit disappointed hearing my comments but took it in a good spirit.
the next morning we had planned to make a trip to Jaffna and early morning I woke up and was able to use the gym. The gym facilities I would say was very moderate, which comprised of a treadmill ,bicycle and a strider with some free weights. however it served my purpose of doing a light work out, also I was the only person present at the gym ( assuming others actually came to relax). then after a decent work out got my family together and had our breakfast. I was highly taken up. it was definitely one of the best hotel breakfast's I've ever had in my life. especially their Sri Lankan flavors were amazing. the continental breakfast was also exquisite.
there onwards I was not able to find any fault with the next two meals I had at the hotel. I was fortunate to meet Chef Ranjith who took an extra effort to cater to our needs and make the stay pleasant. so all in all if there's anything that worries you in Jungle beach just speak to them . their service is excellent and very genuine which is very rare at other places.
also I highly recommend this for couples, beware of the bugs in your rooms ( They are harmless, its just a downside of being an eco resort), other than that an extremely romantic place to be

Room Tip: I stayed in the jungle rooms, all the rooms should be alright
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Rumesh P

Reviewed 28 April 2015 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Very relaxing start to our holiday.

Room is huge and really nice. We had a jacuzzi on our balcony which was brilliant. Could have done with a clean though and lots of little frogs jump into it in the evening. This is not the place to go if you don't like creepy crawlies as there are lots, but it is right in the jungle so you expect it.

Pool area is lovely surrounded by a natural pond. There are some really good excursions but we only found out about them on the last day as the hotel didn't seem to actively promote them. Beach is great and sea is safe to swim in. Watersport centre was poor, only thing they have is jet skis. These are affordable though and great fun.

Food is really good. Especially the jumbo king prawns. Although there is not loads of selection if you are staying here for more than a few days. They bring you a good selection (pastries, toast, fruit etc) of breakfast items on a big board (it is enough for 4 people). You can also order off the main menu. Refreshing change to the standard breakfast buffet where lots of food gets wasted.

Hotel is really remote, taxi into Trincomalee takes about 40 minutes. Staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough to help.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chrisstore
Reviewed 27 April 2015 via mobile

The service is homely and very caring. surrounding is calm. Specially food was great because the previous reviews were very negative. I think jungle beach chef's deserves a great recognition for the great work.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Chamin P
Reviewed 26 April 2015

This is by far one of the BEST hotels I have visited in Sri Lanka. Refreshingly original and relaxes your soul. A truly wonderful experience wrapped up with fantastic food, service and ambience. I recommend all of you to check it out if you are ever at Trincomalee.
Regards,
Madhu

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Madushika W
Reviewed 23 April 2015

Stayed at this hotel and it was a great experience. the staff was great, the location was great and it is the nicest hotel in the area. we had a reservation to a different hotel and after getting there we realized it wasn't what had been advertised. so we went to Jungle Beach and the staff was extremely helpful and got us the rooms. definitely recommend this to anyone and will be back soon !

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Dharshan K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuchchaveli
19.3 km away
Nilaveli Beach Hotel
#3 of 6 in Nilaveli
8.4 km away
Pigeon Island Beach Resort

Been to Jungle Beach by Uga Escapes? Share your experiences!