“Halal Chinese”

Add it.
Chang's Hot Wok
Ranked #49 of 84 Restaurants in Carol Stream
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Food was Ok, but it was Halal. Good find. They also serve Pakola (green drink from Pakistan) - this was great to see.

Quantity was good as well.

Visited in Mar 2014.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

If the wait staff was not rude, this would have been a 3 star review only.
The food is average. I have eaten on the streets of Surat, India which is considered the birthplace of Indo-Chinese fusion food. This place is not worth comparing there but did not even ring my bells of nostalgia.
American Chopseuy was average and oversweet. There were just a small amount of fried (thick) noodles with it. Schezuan fried rice was average at best. Tom Yum soup appears to be pre-cooked, which the waitress admitted to it. They apparently just heat it up and serve it !!! Ridiculous.

To top it off the waitress was extremely rude, one of the worse experiences of customer service in my life so far.

I will not step my foot in this place again.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

I have been to this place multiple times, and yes i an a fan. The food here isn't your typical Chinese food, it is more like fusion food, Chinese with an Indian twist to it.

The atmosphere here is nice, decent size place, not to loud. the staff is great, very friendly. and the food here is consistent, you can come here 10 times and the food will always taste the same.

I really like the Kung Pao chicken, one of my favorite items on the menu. something that i tried for the first time and I would recommend are the Hot Garlic Chicken Wontons.

Overall the atmosphere is nice, staff is friendly and the food is great. I really like this place, it has turned into one of my default spots, for when I don't feel like trying something new and/or don't exactly know what i am craving. Chang's Hot Wok it is.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

Another gem that we are fortunate to live near! The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere (it does not look like much from the outside, being in a strip mall--interior is far better) and we often get take out from here as well. The dishes are good size portions (usually too big for me to finish alone). Highly recommend the mushroom beef and the orange chicken.

Reviewed 1 April 2015

This place has worst service. Owner is arrogant and care less about customer. I used to visit this place at least once a month, until recent incident on 28th March, 2015. I had a family of 11 dining at this place, Service was poor. Had to flag server 2-3 times to get water or order. To top it off, I had hair in my appetizer (Chicken Kabob).

I raised my concern and wanted to speak to manager, when I came to know server on my table himself was the owner. To top it off, he had a guts to tell me, "Don't come here, if you don't like the service". I was automatically charged 18% Gratuity, for poor service and hair in my food. On my denial to pay Gratuity, he threatened to call police, for not paying Gratuity.

Long story short, police was called and he had to reduce the Gratuity to 10%. he claims, it is written on the menu of 18% gratuity will be charged, and I am required to pay. Who can predict the service until you get the service? So by putting it on menu, you become liable to pay 18%, even if they serve you garbage and bad service.