“Island feel, party atmosphere and great experience every time.”
Review of Island Party Boat

Island Party Boat
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Island Party Boat brings a touch of the tropics straight to Chicago. Its fleet of 10 Polynesian-themed boats accommodates anywhere from six to 90 guests, who head out on Lake Michigan or the Chicago River for hours of tropical fun. All of the tiki party boats are equipped with waterslides, and customers can expect other party-ready touches like bars, LED TVs, and premium sound systems.
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I've been on Island Party Boat several times.....a few times with business associates/clients and many times for pleasure with friends both on the lake and on the river. The reason I keep going back to this company is because they provide the best experience every time without fail. The staff is professional and courteous. The ladies really appreciate the clean restrooms. The music is always "island-party-themed" (unless you want them to play your own play list, which they are happy to do) and the bar is always well stocked and affordably priced, especially if you like rum drinks! Of course, they get a lot of help from the Chicago skyline. How can you have a bad time looking at that skyline from the water while listening to island music and having a drink? Summer is coming and I've just booked my first trip of the 2018 season with Island Party Boat again so thought I'd drop a review. Can't wait for Summer!

2  Thank Bill M

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

There is number lower to rate you. On Saturday 17 March 2018 one of your boats almost capsized a boat with 8 rowers during the dying of the river. The captain did not stop nor did he inquire on the condition of the rowers in the boat. I find your company to be very irresponsible and dangerous I would never commend this company to anyone that I know

7  Thank KymberlyR14
Reviewed 19 March 2018

You are endangering yourself an other by using this company. I almost died from their reckless driving on the Chicago River. The river was busy and they were driving way too fast for the conditions and lost control of the boat taking a turn. They were driving on the wrong side of the river and the rear of the boat swung out and pinned the 8 person rowing boat I was in against the cement wall and the engine of the boat. They would not turn their engine off and continued to smash us into the wall and it was pure luck we didn’t fall into the spinning engine propellers. When they finally broke free they just drove off and didn’t even check to see if we were okay. They just sped off! DO NOT ride with this completely reckless company!!!

8  Thank ElizT513
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Watched the party boat hit a smaller boat on the river and proceed to press a second boat- a rowing shell with 9 people in it against the wall. It was scary.

7  Thank 09ak651
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The river and all the sights speak for themselves and the captain navigated the water way well. We weren't allowed to board until after advertised launch time and were on the boat waiting a while for launch. In the end the advertised 75 minute ride was under 60 minutes, boo! We thought we'd get island music and a fun crew. Couldn't hear music and most of crew only engaged if spoken to. Then there was the bartender, who told us with the first drink she made us how miserable she was and hot and "had" to be there until 1 in the morning and many other statements the entire float about how miserable she is. She also stopped mid-pour, looked at us, looked at the tip cup, looked at us again. Extremely unprofessional and lacking of a service attitude. Our visit was family (all adults) not an option below.