2,633 results
All reviews no tipping policy house car elysian hotel luxury suite gas fireplace bathroom mirror the gold coast room service wet bar soaking tub beautiful hotel four seasons living room steam room bottle of champagne rush street turn down service
Reviewed 12 December 2016

This smaller hotel has beautiful rooms, bathrooms. Hotel is in a great location to shopping by Rush and Oak, and short walk to Michigan Ave. Great service by the bell staff and front desk. Appreciated the complimentary coffee located in lobby just before going out for the day.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
WAChicagoHotel, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear sharib50,
Thank you for sharing your review of your most recent visit with us. It gives me great pleasure to learn that our service team was successful in making your visit a little more comfortable and that you enjoyed our location in the heart of our beautiful Gold Coast. It is indeed a charming neighborhood with a great variety of unique shopping and dining options. I am also glad you enjoyed the coffee in our lobby, especially before facing the chilly outdoors in our wintery city. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

My wife had never been to Chicago, so I was happy to take her over Labor Day weekend. We decided to stay at the Waldorf Astoria due to its proximity to shopping and a mix of fine and casual dining.

Staff - Very helpful and respectable. We valeted our vehicle and the gentlemen help with our belongings and helped us right into the lobby. Nothing negative to say about the staff.

Room - Spacious and clean, hell, even the bed was super comfy! The bathroom layout was really cool as well and had a huge tub for baths. The complimentary Voss water was a pleasant surprise.

Location - I found the location of the Waldorf is perfect. It's close enough to the core where you can walk to places (20 or so minutes) but far enough away to not be dealing with huge crowds of people and traffic.

We didn't take advantage of any amenities nor tried their restaurant - perhaps on a return visit...we simply weren't there long enough. Definitely recommend this place though.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BuckeyeFive
WAChicagoHotel, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Dear BuckeyeFive,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback of your most recent visit to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. It gives me such great pleasure to read that you found comfort in one of our rooms and that you found our location convenient in the heart of our beautiful Gold Coast. I am happy you had the opportunity to explore it and and discover some of its unique shopping and dining options. Thank you for your high recommendation of our hotel. I hope you will indeed visit with us again in the near future so you can fully enjoy the amenities the hotel offers, such as our Spa & Health Club. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

For the first time in years, our annual December stay with the Waldorf Astoria Chicago was not at the level of quality that we have come to expect. It felt like something was just "off"... Don't get me wrong, it wasn't terrible, it just wasn't "Waldorf level".

The room is starting to show some wear and tear (we stayed in a Waldorf Suite w/Fireplace). We were on the 24th floor and right outside the elevator. Convenient, but just too noisy - hearing all sorts of things throughout our stay - noise from other rooms, things being dropped, the elevator, etc. I would not recommend for those that are light sleepers - request the room away from the elevator. The shower wouldn't drain while you were in it - so you stood in an inch or more of water - not pleasant and the shower smelled "musty". The desk chair had a tear in the cushion and the side of the bed closest to the bath was well worn and very soft. Our fireplace required service, which was handled promptly.

We had lunch in the bar on the 2nd floor and the order wasn't quite what we asked for, but nonetheless, still tasty. Later the waiter noticed the order was "wrong", apologized and offered to get a new dish to which we declined...

Room service..I attempted to call several times and no one picked up. I eventually called the front desk and they tried - no one picked up. I was then redirected to the concierge and they tried - no one picked up. Finally, the concierge suggested that he would have them call me back. I was told food would be delivered by a specific time, but they were a little late delivering - not a lot, but if I'm told a specific time, it's what I expect.

The room attendant was excellent.The room was cleaned well. The house car driver is wonderful and we greatly appreciated the service!

I only mention the downsides because this is the Waldorf! The level of service should be extraordinary (in my opinion) and what may appear to be little things that were missed or wrong or just "off" are outside of the ordinary of what we have become accustomed to at this property. I still recommend staying here, but for me it might be time to change things up.

Cheers!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear loveumissu,
Thank you so much for visiting with us again at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago and thank you for sharing this candid feedback. First and foremost, please allow me to to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. We sincerely value you as our loyal guest and are truly disappointed to read that this visit wasn't as memorable as your previous ones. Thank you for sharing your concerns pertaining the furnishings in your suite and our In Room Dining Service. They have been discussed with our leaders in Maintenance and Food and Beverage for immediate corrective action. I truly apologize on behalf of the team for not providing you with the True Waldorf Service you have known us for and that you should have received in this last stay. I certainly hope that you will consider visiting with us again int the future. We will look forward to the the opportunity to regain your faith in a our ability to properly serve you.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

We try to make a Chicago trip every other year. This year we timed it so that we could be in town for the World Series... Go Cubs! We had a great time at the Waldorf. We are Hilton diamond members and so they upgraded us to a suite with a fireplace. The room was very spacious and the service was great. The shower head was wonderful with lots of water pressure and the bathroom all together was great. The service at the bar was great as well! Smaller hotel, but loved that about it and it was so close to all the things we wanted to do.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa C
WAChicagoHotel, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Dear dunnl20,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your candid feedback of your visit during the World Series. It was indeed such a special time for Chicago and we thank you for choosing the Waldorf to celebrate such a momentum. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our accommodations and that our service team was successful in making your visit a little more comfortable. Please know that we highly value your loyalty to our Hilton brand and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

This hotel is beautiful and in an excellent location. There are a variety of room sizes available to accommodate families. The staff went above and beyond to make ourselves and our two young children feel welcome. The food was delicious too. We look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
2  Thank AlyssaCowan
WAChicagoHotel, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Dear AlyssaCowan,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your candid feedback of your most recent visit with us. It is a pleasure to read that you and your family found the hotel's location convenient and that you enjoyed some of the culinary creations from our chefs. I have shared your kind comments with them and the rest of the staff. I am delighted you would like to visit with us again! Please know that we highly value your loyalty and we we will look forward to your return.