All reviewslincoln parktuscan suiteeuro roomhot tubb bsfresh baked cookiesbed and breakfastdepaul universityfully stocked kitchenthe inn keeperhalsted streethome away from homeprivate bathroomgas fireplacesmall elevatorsun deckwithin walking distance
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We just returned from a wonderful weekend at the inn! I can't believe how at home we all felt there. The inn was very luxurious! The food was super and the rooms were amazing. I had a bridal shower for my daughter there and it was absolutely perfect! Erika, the inkeeper is a doll! I highly recommend it for your next stay in Chicago.!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I happened upon Villa D' Citta after finding all of my downtown Chicago mainstays (W, Hilton, Marriott, etc.) full in late January traveling on business. I would have never thought to choose a B&B for business travel but now that I have, I'll look for VDC the next time. VDC was an extraordinary experience and I will have to go back with my wife on vacation this summer. Their Couples Retreat Suite is probably the most romantic accommodation you can get. VDC B&B is decorated with the taste and refinement of a Four Seasons.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Erika S, Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

We are so happy you had a good B&B experience! They are all different and we recommend trying as many as possible! Except of course when you are in Chicago, we recommend coming back here ;)

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Erika was a wonderful host for our group. Location is excellent neighborhood with quick access to the downtown attractions. The B&B is a charming brownstone with lots of character and charm. Can't wait to come back again.

Room Tip: Just let Erika help you figure it out.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed at the villa for a week when our grandchild was born. The location was very convenient for us and it was a very welcoming, comfy home to return to each evening. The staff was accommodating and friendly. Our room was clean, lovely and spacious; however, we could have used more hooks for towels and such in the bathroom.Our thanks to the staff and for the delicious cookies awaiting us each evening.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed in Venetian suite for 2 nights. Lovely room with comfortable bed except for a few caveats-- no desk to work, no place to hang towel outside of shower (no bath) so need to walk to bathroom a few steps down to get it, and (my biggest issue) can hear the noise from room above you. Internet service works well. Erika is a very friendly hostess. Seems like a safe neighborhood with both high end typical stores as well as a few unique ones. Ordered food in and there is a huge table downstairs to eat at and can store leftovers in large fridge. On the sat morning one of the staff made a quiche for communal enjoyment and it was delicious.

Room Tip: Maybe top floor to avoid noise from above
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Erika S, Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We sincerely do appreciate you leaving an honest review of your stay and we take your feedback seriously to make changes for the better. Just last week I was talking about putting a coat rack or more places to hang coats/towels in the Venetian, so it is officially on my to-do list! We are also investing in some beautiful rugs to alleviate the sounds from upstairs and they seem to be doing the trick. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon so you can see your advice put to work here at the Villa!