US$329
US$296
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$179
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$189
US$177
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$192
Hilton.com
Ambassador Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$175
  • Restaurant
dana hotel and spa(Chicago)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$277
US$239
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$189
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$244
US$209
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$129
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

All reviewslincoln parktuscan suiteeuro roomhot tubb bsfresh baked cookiesbed and breakfastdepaul universitybreakfast pizzafully stocked kitchenthe inn keeperhalsted streetheated floorshome away from homeprivate bathroomgas fireplacebreakfast was amazing
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My wife and I spend a night at the Villa every other month when we are in for the Steppenwolf series. The location and surroundings are perfect. We have found the inn to always be clean and staff quite friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at Villa D'Citta in May 2011...my wife's first trip to Chicago. Let me just say that the place is gorgeous. The kitchen, sitting areas, outdoor hottub, bar/lounge downstairs, plush rooms, and the decor are all extraordinary. We only regret that we couldn't stay longer. And the management was so accomodating with our special needs when trying to check out, go out to shop and dinner and then come by to grab our bags and head to the airport. We will definitely be back in 2012.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Everytime we come to Chicago we always stay at The Villa. It is so gorgeous! It's clean and the staff is very nice. It is one of a kind!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2012

A group of us stayed at the Grand Tuscan suite at Villa d'Citta for my cousin's bachelorette weekend. We had initially booked a couple rooms at another b&b, but when I toured the Villa, met Erika, and saw how nice the place was we cancelled our other reservations. Since we had a group of girls, the Grand Tuscan suite was perfect for us. The main bedroom is lovely, with a big gas fireplace that we turned on in the evening, a HUGE marble bathroom, and a cute side room with two beds. Since we had a few more girls, Erika set up a couple roll-away beds for us as well that easily fit into the master bedroom.
To be honest, I ended up spending more time in the communal areas than our suite. The place is VERY nice, but it's also VERY comfortable, so it was easy to hang out in the kitchen, living room, etc. The kitchen was stocked with nice bread, meats, cheeses, juices and more, so between shopping around at the stores we came back to the Villa for lunch and just rummaged around the kitchen ourselves. The housekeepers were always around to clean up after you and help you with anything you need, so although it was kinda like eating at your own house it was more like eating at your house with people around to clean up after you :)
The other guests that were staying at the Villa were very friendly. There was another group of girls and also two families with sons graduating from Colombia. We all had our own food stocked in the fridge as well and I just put some labels on our stuff so that everyone knew it was ours and it was no problem.
On the night of our bachelorette party we had Maggiano's delivered in, and since there are two big dining areas our group used one to eat while the other was being set up for a surprise 40th birthday party. We had told Erika about how we were planning on doing this when we booked our room, so if you are thinking about doing something like that as well just be sure to tell Erika bc I know they rent out those spaces for dinners sometimes (like the 40th party). During the day I wouldn't worry about being able to use any space, though.
Honestly, everyone loved the place and wondered how we had found such a great spot. Very nice, homey, well-taken care of home with a GREAT patio outside. The weather was iffy when we were there, but if it would have been nice we definitely would have gone outside and used the grotto, hottub, and grills. The price is very fair for what you get!
Oh, and did I say they cook breakfast for you every morning?? Homemade fried potatoes, quiche, toast, juice....there are also a few good breakfast restaurants around the block if you want to go there instead, but why do that when you have fresh breakfast for free??
Great find! Much easier and nicer than staying downtown.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The place is physically lovely. We stayed in the Grand Tuscan suite, which was pretty luxurious. Breakfast and location were great. A few problems, like that when the third floor flushed the toilet, it sounded like a flood in my room, are probably to be expected, although, for the prices, disappointing.

However, one incident truly soured our visit. Our group of women had the whole second floor; another group of women had the whole third floor. We had been told that no other guests were in the Villa. In fact, we were told we could shower in the basement room if needed. Unbeknownst to us, the basement was belatedly rented to three men. These men, and a woman they brought home, arrived very late from a night out and proceeded to disturb everyone else's night. They impermissibly invaded the second and third floors (which alarmed all of those floors' residents), they continued their party on the balcony next to one of our rooms (a room which, despite being adjacent to a shared balcony, does not have opaque window coverings) and, even when on the first floor, were loud (and, I guess drunk-cooking) into the early Sunday morning hours. Despite being informed of this behavior, the inn keeper took no effective steps to curb it and although she was "mad" at them in the morning, she was more interested in the story of it and not in how it disturbed us. The owner, who heard this story, never addressed it with us. I'm still not sure we got the full story, but at a minimum, we were awoken and frightened by the surprise presence of unknown men on our floor and around our rooms after midnight with no response from the innkeeper. In addition to the sheer drapes in the Venetian room, the main bedroom of the Tuscan suite features a window to the hallway which permits passerby to see therein. We did not feel secure.

We were assured that this was a fluke incident; however, other reviews on here indicate in wasn't unique; further, the privacy concerns should be addressed in the event the unexpected happens again.

The incident, and the staff's response to it, would prevent me from staying here again, which is a shame, because everything else is very well done.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank TravelerJane5
Erika S, Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

We do appreciate your review whether 'good or bad.' We will definitely work to find a way to soften the noise from the upstairs baths. The house was built in the late 1800s and I bet they probably never thought it would become the B&B that it is today! :)

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our property minus the badly behaved downstairs guests and the way I may have reacted. For you, and anyone who may read this review, I want to sincerely apologize once again for the noise that came home with the gentlemen that rented the downstairs suites. They had been guests in the past and never caused any problems. We actually came to know them fairly well so it wasn't a question when they asked to make a reservation.

There were two groups of ladies on the top floors and they did have the entire floors of the villa until this new booking was made. I failed to mention that a few other guests booked late Saturday night because I wouldn't have expected them to come upstairs to view the rest of the house. My apologies for not letting you know that new guests were coming in, as it was an obvious mistake on my part.

When I received phone calls late at night that guests were being loud downstairs, I did do all I could do talk to them and tell them to please be quiet and respect the rest of the guests by retiring to their room. The next morning they were kindly asked to leave. The house is very secure with a proper security system in place, locked gate surrounding the property as well as locked front and back doors. We also have security cameras at all entrances to ensure everyone who is at the Villa should be at the Villa. Unfortunately these guests, who were welcome, ruined it for themselves.

If you are ever back in town please call us, we'll make sure you are fully taken care of. We really enjoyed you ladies here over the weekend! Thanks for visiting and hope to see you soon!!