US$301
US$356
US$296
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$129
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$269
US$215
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$192
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$241/night.

Ambassador Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$175
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$301
US$202
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspg propertybeautiful hotelshops at north bridgenordstrom mallmolton brown productsmichigan avenuefront desk staffspg pointslobby barthe entire staffrooms are spaciousspecial thanksfavorite hoteli highly recommend this hotelturn down serviceperfect locationhotel room
Reviewed 2 November 2017

From the moment my cab pulled up the impeccable service began. I went to the front desk to check in where Maira checked me in. She was wonderful. She asked if I was an SPG member which I was but did not realize this hotel was part of the group. She immediately found my account. She gave me a beautiful large king bedroom which was so clean and comfortable for my week long business trip. She offered to have a coffee machine brought up to my room since the rooms are not equipped with coffee makers. I feel she went above and beyond to meet any expectations I had of The Gwen and she certainly did. The bar staff were so nice and friendly and attentive which is always good. Sherwood, the bellman was so pleasant and informative. He would see me throughout my stay and address me by name. These little things make for an enjoyable experience.

I will definitely stay at The Gwen on my next trip to Chicago. The people and the service are what you expect in a hotel you pay twice the price for. I also love the Art Deco vibe that the hotel has. It is in a good location to walk to most places and where you can't walk (or just don't want to) cab rides never cost me more than $8 plus tip.

Room Tip: Room 1211 (King room) was big and spacious corner room. Very quiet and peaceful. I will request that room doing my next stay.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

I checked into the Gwen hotel on Friday oct 27th, upon my arrival I found out my room was not ready. My purpose on this trip was to throw a pretty party for 3 ladies who won a raffle....so I needed a suite. While waiting on my room Stiffany the front desk agent explained and apologized for the wait while offering me champagne....delicious I might add.....that was the perfect ending after a long flight....I thought that was the end of the great service...oh no!! The front Desk managers William and Rufino apologized again and was very attentive to my need.....they were great.
The room was fab...clean, spacious and comfy...I slept like a baby. On Saturday the day of the pretty party... I met Lyndsey and Gina.....Gina was a doll...wow!! Wow!! Lyndsey made sure the suite had EVRYTHING to make my ladies felt special....I was blown away by her attention to details....from the chairs to the flowers to water...she never stopped until it was perfect. My three guest walked in and they could not believe how beautiful the room looked... I highly recommend the Gwen. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!!
Team Gwen you rock!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Had a very nice stay at The Gwen. Everyone is helpful and hotel is beautiful. Started with associate Stojan bringing my bags up. He was professional and informative. Very nice start to a wonderful weekend in Chicago. The Gwen will not disappoint!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jennyrude
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Eddie, was fantastic! Great service, made the best Rusty Nail and made a Lemon Honey Scotch for my wife. Great Hummus with chips. Very friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere. We also got a corner room with an amazing view to Lake Michigan. Located on Rush with access to the Nordstrom Mall.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

1st time in Chicago I chose this property based on reviews. Our stay was wonderful in every way.
Staff:
Helpful, friendly and happy
Location, Location,Location:
Perfect, in the middle of everything and anything you need is within walking distance. Proximity to high end stores or any store for that matter was convenient. Felt safe.
Rooms:
Impeccably clean and quiet. Our room was an oasis from the hustle and bustle. The most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in.
Food:
Appreciated the complimentary coffee and waters. Ordered room service one time, was a tad slower than the time quoted to us but delicious none the less.
Overall:
Perfect in every way and will return!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family