US$224
US$178
Sofitel
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

US$218
  • Room Service
US$296
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$192
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$231/night.

Ambassador Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$175
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$219
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$161
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$203
US$187
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$129
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$333
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspg propertybeautiful hotelshops at north bridgenordstrom mallmolton brown productsmichigan avenuefront desk staffspg pointslobby barthe entire staffrooms are spaciousspecial thanksfavorite hoteli highly recommend this hotelturn down serviceperfect locationhotel room
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I spend a great deal of time staying in hotels, especially in Downtown Chicago.

I was AMAZED by the fabulous service at the Gwen! During the week I recently spent at the Gwen, the list of people who went out of their way to make me feel welcome is long. The Doormen are amazingly attentive. The front desk staff, especially a young lady who I believe was named Moira, were friendly and accommodating. The maid service is great, and they were willing to work around my odd schedule without complaint.

However, it was the service from the concierge (Frank and I believe Manny) that really sets the Gwen apart. The little details make a big difference, and these guys were true pros! I look forward to staying at this excellent hotel again soon!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2017

After an exhausting day, was met by an amicable personnel at the bar. The bar man - Ed/Eddie is excellent barman. Loved his Moscow Mules and some collection of beers recommended by him - non fussy, not working only for tips, just a genuine good bar man. Hope he is still there, since I'll be visiting again very soon!

The seating is great, both inside or outside. The outside has a nice view of the city's skyscrapers. The patio has a nice lighting, easy on the eye decor with some chairs/tables/sofas all pretty comfortable.

We ordered the drinks inside and then went out, and left a handsome tip which unfortunately didn't go to the staff inside, but was shared by the staff outside. I apologized then, and I apologize now for that. But such an arrangement is just beyond comprehension for me.

I recommend the place for its nice hotel rooms, lovely staff (right from the entrance to the building, at the reception, and of course the bar).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2017

The circa Bar is outside the grand lobby area of the hotel. It is an outdoor patio with contemporary lighting and views. We got drinks and some appetizers at the bar. It is a perfect place to relax and enjoy company. Be aware of your surroundings when you leave the building late at night, you might get mistaken for "someone else!"

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Jeremy D, Front Office Manager at The Gwen, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear LMK101,

Thank you for staying at The Gwen, Michigan Avenue Hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed our Circa Lounge and our newly renovated outdoor terrace. We appreciate your feedback and if you would like to reach out to me directly to share your experience, please email me at Jeremy.dasilva@thegwenhotel.com

Warm regards,

JEREMY DASILVA
DIRECTOR OF FRONT OFFICE

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I recently hosted a company event in the Luxe Suite on the 16th floor overlooking Michigan Avenue. Allie was a pleasure to work with. The event was well received by our guests and was intimate, classy and no detail was overlooked. The suite provided a great space to network and the outdoor terrace is a hidden gem! I would absolutely host another company event at The Gwen!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the newly renovated Gwen Hotel this past Veteran’s Day Weekend (which is the former Conrad Hotel). This is my second stay. I am please to report this is a wonderful and luxurious place. Here is why:

Location – The hotel location is outstanding. Located above Nordstrom’s on Michigan Avenue. You are steps away for the best shopping and restaurants. The hotel is a block from the CTA Red-line Grand Street stop, so we opted to take the CTA from Midway Airport (Orange-line to Red-line). It took 30 minutes and cost $3.00 per person for a one way ride. This is a great public transportation option, especially during rush hour.

Customer Service – The hotel customer service was some of the best we have received in the USA. We had a seamless check-in with Morgan who was pleasant, efficient, and very sweet. She acknowledged a romantic week for me and my husband with one of the best hotel room upgrades ever. Thank you Morgan. The maid service was outstanding, quick and spotless. Our restaurant server Ari provided great suggestions for breakfast and was very charming and attentive. We met so many wonderful employees during our weekend stay, but there are just too many to mention by name. Whomever is in charge of the Gwen Service Team should be commended for hiring the best of the best, and for building a great hotel team.

SPG Recognition – Upon check-in, I was immediately acknowledged for being SPG Platinum for Life Members and was given a wonderful upgrade since I wad celebrating romantic weekend with my husband. The room was on the 14th floor with a unique outdoor terrace, living room, dining room, bedroom, and two restrooms. We picked the breakfast as our platinum amenity, which was a very good choice. We received a $14 menu credit per person (2 Person Max), rather than the continental breakfast. Both are good choices.

Recent Renovation – The hotel has recently completed a multi-million dollar renovation and it’s beautiful. The rooms are fresh and modern. The lobby and outdoor terrace on the fifth floor are fun and designer inspired. The new hotel owners have truly brought life back to this place.

I highly recommend this hotel. I am a loyal SPG Lifetime Platinum Member and have been traveling to Chicago for many, many years. I have stayed at every SPG property in the Chicago downtown area. This hotel is by far your best SPG choice and in my option the only SPG luxury hotel in Chicago!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple