US$157
US$140
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

US$224
US$189
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$285/night.

Ambassador Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$158
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$157
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$236/night.

US$172
US$153
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$234/night.

Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$103
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

US$215
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$125
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

US$207
US$143
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$250/night.

All reviewsshops at north bridgespg propertynordstrom mallcirca restaurantmolton brown productsgreat locationmichigan avenuedirect accessfire pitspg pointshuge tvbeautiful hotellobby barrooms are spaciousseparate tub and showerfifth flooranother guest
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Great rooms. The bathrooms are spacious and high quality toiletries. Towels are really nice (smell good) and the best are super comfortable!!
The lobby bar has an awesome bartender (Eddie) who is very friendly and pours great drinks.
Also front desk is super accmodating; they even offered to go to walgreeens and get me dental floss!

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I spend a great deal of time staying in hotels, especially in Downtown Chicago.

I was AMAZED by the fabulous service at the Gwen! During the week I recently spent at the Gwen, the list of people who went out of their way to make me feel welcome is long. The Doormen are amazingly attentive. The front desk staff, especially a young lady who I believe was named Moira, were friendly and accommodating. The maid service is great, and they were willing to work around my odd schedule without complaint.

However, it was the service from the concierge (Frank and I believe Manny) that really sets the Gwen apart. The little details make a big difference, and these guys were true pros! I look forward to staying at this excellent hotel again soon!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2017

After an exhausting day, was met by an amicable personnel at the bar. The bar man - Ed/Eddie is excellent barman. Loved his Moscow Mules and some collection of beers recommended by him - non fussy, not working only for tips, just a genuine good bar man. Hope he is still there, since I'll be visiting again very soon!

The seating is great, both inside or outside. The outside has a nice view of the city's skyscrapers. The patio has a nice lighting, easy on the eye decor with some chairs/tables/sofas all pretty comfortable.

We ordered the drinks inside and then went out, and left a handsome tip which unfortunately didn't go to the staff inside, but was shared by the staff outside. I apologized then, and I apologize now for that. But such an arrangement is just beyond comprehension for me.

I recommend the place for its nice hotel rooms, lovely staff (right from the entrance to the building, at the reception, and of course the bar).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2017

The circa Bar is outside the grand lobby area of the hotel. It is an outdoor patio with contemporary lighting and views. We got drinks and some appetizers at the bar. It is a perfect place to relax and enjoy company. Be aware of your surroundings when you leave the building late at night, you might get mistaken for "someone else!"

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Jeremy D, Front Office Manager at The Gwen, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear LMK101,

Thank you for staying at The Gwen, Michigan Avenue Hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed our Circa Lounge and our newly renovated outdoor terrace. We appreciate your feedback and if you would like to reach out to me directly to share your experience, please email me at Jeremy.dasilva@thegwenhotel.com

Warm regards,

JEREMY DASILVA
DIRECTOR OF FRONT OFFICE

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I recently hosted a company event in the Luxe Suite on the 16th floor overlooking Michigan Avenue. Allie was a pleasure to work with. The event was well received by our guests and was intimate, classy and no detail was overlooked. The suite provided a great space to network and the outdoor terrace is a hidden gem! I would absolutely host another company event at The Gwen!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business