Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$129
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

Free cancellation until 24/07
US$198
US$177
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$192
Hilton.com
Ambassador Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$158
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$296
US$314
US$202
  • Restaurant
dana hotel and spa(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$215
US$280
  • Room Service
All reviewsspg propertybeautiful hotelshops at north bridgenordstrom mallmolton brown productsmichigan avenuefront desk staffspg pointslobby barthe entire staffrooms are spaciousspecial thanksfavorite hoteli highly recommend this hotelturn down serviceperfect locationhotel room
Reviewed 17 November 2017

This is by far my favorite hotel in Chicago. The staff are top notch. I reserved this hotel for my wife's birthday. She ended up being sick... at the time we thought she was car sick. They upgraded us and we had a great suite. The weekend was some what of a bust, but the hotel was amazing. They lobby is on the 2nd floor so it is nice that it is up away from the street and it is very elegant. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2017

I really, really wanted to love this hotel, but it just had a few shortcomings for me to consider it a "luxury" hotel. For starters, we arrived around 11:00 AM and asked about the possibility of an early check-in (which had been noted in our reservation.) The desk agent was not particularly friendly or helpful, and she said there was not a room ready yet (OK, that's understandable), but that if we wanted an early check-in when a room became available it would be $30. In my many years of hotel stays, I have never, ever heard of or been charged an early check-in fee. Late check-out fees, yes, but I have checked in early multiple times for no charge. Totally new to me. We said no since we had 2:00 tickets for Hamilton, so we opted to store our luggage and come back later after the show. At 1:20 they called to say there was a room available, but since we were already headed to the show (and didn't want to pay the fee) we declined.
We returned later that evening and finished our check-in. The room itself was very nice and spacious, and there was a nice welcoming note with some fruit and water. As mentioned in other reviews, the TV is huge and there is a convenient mini-fridge. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was really nice and large. However, we had paid extra for a room with a "Preferred View," and our view was directly into the halls of the Marriott next door. Definitely not worth an upcharge.
While the bathroom was very nice, most of our towels had stains on them. Also, it was nice to have the cotton pads/qtips, but I opened them the first night, used a couple, and the remaining ones were thrown away and never replaced. Our water bottles were also only replaced one time during our 3 night stay.
The hotel's location was very convenient, the lobby was beautiful and comfortable, and the water and coffee provided in the lobby were appreciated. Overall I'd probably give the property a 3.75 because of the things noted. However, with the other many great choices in the same area, I don't think I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank mrose97
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Great rooms. The bathrooms are spacious and high quality toiletries. Towels are really nice (smell good) and the best are super comfortable!!
The lobby bar has an awesome bartender (Eddie) who is very friendly and pours great drinks.
Also front desk is super accmodating; they even offered to go to walgreeens and get me dental floss!

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I spend a great deal of time staying in hotels, especially in Downtown Chicago.

I was AMAZED by the fabulous service at the Gwen! During the week I recently spent at the Gwen, the list of people who went out of their way to make me feel welcome is long. The Doormen are amazingly attentive. The front desk staff, especially a young lady who I believe was named Moira, were friendly and accommodating. The maid service is great, and they were willing to work around my odd schedule without complaint.

However, it was the service from the concierge (Frank and I believe Manny) that really sets the Gwen apart. The little details make a big difference, and these guys were true pros! I look forward to staying at this excellent hotel again soon!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2017

After an exhausting day, was met by an amicable personnel at the bar. The bar man - Ed/Eddie is excellent barman. Loved his Moscow Mules and some collection of beers recommended by him - non fussy, not working only for tips, just a genuine good bar man. Hope he is still there, since I'll be visiting again very soon!

The seating is great, both inside or outside. The outside has a nice view of the city's skyscrapers. The patio has a nice lighting, easy on the eye decor with some chairs/tables/sofas all pretty comfortable.

We ordered the drinks inside and then went out, and left a handsome tip which unfortunately didn't go to the staff inside, but was shared by the staff outside. I apologized then, and I apologize now for that. But such an arrangement is just beyond comprehension for me.

I recommend the place for its nice hotel rooms, lovely staff (right from the entrance to the building, at the reception, and of course the bar).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business