“Deliciously elegant”

Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #24 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The Sofitel Water Tower has become my favorite place for weekend getaways to Chicago. Its modern French decor and friendly, attentive service make you feel like a VIP from the moment you check in. The rooms are immaculately clean, beds are luxuriously comfortable, and the bathroom amenities (including large tubs and showers) invite you to relax.

(But, don't sleep in too late...you don't want to miss the great shopping that is just around the corner!)

What's even better is that he hotel restaurant is a fabulous choice for dinner. Typically I'm not a big fan of eating in hotel restaurants for reasons other than convenience, but the menu, service and wine selection at Les Architectes is not to be missed. Fish dishes are especially good, and if you like chocolate, you MUST try the warm chocolate cake with the salted caramel center. Stop by the separate hotel bar before dinner for an apertif or afterwards for a final libation; the atmosphere is cozy and there is even a fireplace to enjoy on cool nights. I've been to Sofitel about four times now, and can't wait to go again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I've stayed here with my friend who was here on a business trip. The hotel is lovely and smells very nice in the lobby. Haven't eaten here so no comment on that. Staffs are pretty friendly. They got a free business center also. Walking distance to John Hancock center, Magnificent Miles and other restaurants on Rush st.

The room we got, supposed to be Junior suite but the view wasn't very nice. The bed was very comfortable. Had a lovely stay but not sure if I'd stay here if I have to pay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have been at this Hotel on February 2012 for a business meeting. The hotel is very well located in the downtown Chicago, just one block away to the famous Michigan Avenue, the most famous spot for shopping in Chicago. Very nice room (I was at the 25th floor) with nice view on the Chicago skyline. To ve critic there are things to improve. The meeting room that we got was very small and not well climatized... the Fitness room is very small and much less organized than the average in the US. No swimmingpool and no sauna. Also, there is a small coffee that serves also sandwitches but not a real restaurant. Finally the brakfast has no buffet but only a la carte...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ILGattab
HotelManagerOffice, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.

Thank you for your valuable feedback concerning the size and climatization of our meeting rooms, and on our breakfast service. I have shared your comments with the hotel management team.

I have reviewed your responses and I want to assure you that I take them very seriously. Our relationship with our guests is of utmost importance to us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Chicago Water Tower very soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

This is the sixth year in a row that we have spent our anniversary at the Sofitel. We have ALWAYS been made to feel comfortable and special. You can not go wrong at this hotel. The rooms are spotless and their attention to detail is top notch.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom R
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Everybody greets me with a "Bonjour" until I reply in french " Merci ca me fait plaisir" and they look away. Apparently 'bonjour' is the only french word they know. Okay that's fine because the service is outstanding, from the door to front desk to room service. I stay there frequently for business and have found it to be a consistent experience. They have imported a european level of service and made it genuine, not easy.
In my room, I look out through the floor to ceiling windows (I think or so it seems) the city especially the tower. That's good, I don't feel trapped at night when i'm too pooped to go out and 'do' the city.
The location is great for a quick jaunt to the 'mile' or even to TraderJoe's.
See you again in March, April....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business