1,316 results
All reviewsclub quarterstrump towergreat locationpurified waterchicago riverrooms are smallriver viewwacker drivethe loopqueen bedstay there againthe magnificent milebigger roomcoffee machinemichigan avenuewalking distancehouse of blues
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience from the time we pulled up outside the hotel. Valet took our car, we got a great room with a view (always ask for a view-it’s beautiful!), & it was complementary wine hour when we arrived! We even booked an extra night because we enjoyed our stay so much. I asked for an extra blanket before bed & I got on the elevator and went to my room & they were there at the door waiting to give me the blanket. I was super impressed with the friendly and efficient employees. They were always willing to help if we needed anything and suggested fun things to do in the area. I will definitely stay here every time I stay in Chicago!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2018

The building looks beautiful; the lobby too. They upgraded me to a room with 2 bedrooms, 3 tvs and 2 baths! I was ecstatic at first. But more things wrong than I've ever encountered in 1 hotel room:
1. The a/c, even when set to 65, was warmish, and only blowed in the entryway, not in the bed area.
2. The light next to the bed was linked to the entry light: if you wanted the bed light to work, you had to have that hall light on. If you turned that off, the bed light went off too.
3. No ironing board!
4. Nothing to put the soap on, just the bathroom counter. That's icky.
5. The bedspread was cool looking, but not something I'd like to sit on or sleep under. But if I peeled that away there was just the sheet.
6. That entryway was dark, even with its one light turned on.
7. The counter with the coffee machine was dark too, even with the light turned on.
8. Get rid of coffee dispensed in those plastic cup thingies - so bad for the environment!

I lost count after that, but you get the idea. All these things could be tweaked and it would be a good place.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelWithKids79
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

The River Hotel was the perfect location for our large group stay yesterday evening. The hotel manager, Anna was professional, courteous, and incredibly helpful! We loved the entire staff including Pedro and Sierra at the front desk. It was located conveniently to all of the iconic spots we visited in Chicago and the gorgeous River Walk was right across the street.. an awesome view! We felt safe and very well taken care of and I can’t wait to stay there again on my next visit to the Windy City!

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Rooms are small and overpriced. Lack of amenities. Beds are uncomfortable. Skimp on the linens in the bathroom. Seems to be a small hotel that they tried to update but failed pretty badly at doing.If you are coming to Chicago I can think of many other hotels to try instead of this one.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 July 2018

River is not surprisingly right on the river, so you're within reach of a whole host of restaurants, bars, shops and attractions. I was there for business, with clients in the Wrigley Building across the bridge. The Trump tower is opposite, with his name splattered all over the side. That's a bit garish, but if you like to be surrounded by unique architecture, it's a great place to be.

The hotel is a bit dated, but the rooms are okay - but for the bathroom.

I'll get to the rooms, but let's talk about the lobby and... actually getting to the rooms.

The doorman was a bit useless - often not realising I was there, standing in front of me as I tried to enter and just plodding about. I asked him if there was a store near by to grab a newspaper and some candy... he silently shook his head and walked off... I turned around, walked 20 feet and noticed a 7-Eleven across the street.

The concierge were great - very helpful, patient and quick with check in and out. You can't get food delivered to your room from UberEats or what-not, so you have to use the epically slow elevators. One side does 1-10, the other floors 11-38. There are 4 in total, but only two useful to you personally. If their stuck on the 24th and 38th floors - you're in for a wait. Equally, if you're waiting to get downstairs, it can be long wait.

I confess - I didn't use the gym or attend drinks on the second floor.

Rooms are okay. Coffee, desks, low and full lighting. Standard charge points (no USBs) - no chargers next to the bed.

The bathrooms are poor and the shower is a god damn disaster. It was like showering from a broken tap. No pressure and a thin streak of water randomly hitting 1/4 of your back. An ant would struggle to get wet.

Also - the maids replaced my soaps and towels, but didn't make the bed... which I thought was odd.

If you're thinking of staying here, do so for the location - if you like a nice shower and want to get to your room at a decent pace, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a river facing view - but check if all the showers are terrible
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business