“Waste of time and money”

Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine
Ranked #833 of 10,803 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Deli
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed 23 July 2017

I decided to get a sandwich at Pastoral at the Loop. So I asked for an Alpine Cheese sandwich from their Build Your Own Sandwich menu. With cheese and a spread it came to $9 something. I was in a rush and opened it only on a way out. Not a pleasant surprise – only one thinnest slice of cheese I’ve ever seen in the sandwich. The spread couldn’t be seen by the naked eye. And this place has good reviews? Strange. Very strange.

2  Thank alshul

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The first time someone offered me their Health Nut Salad, I was hooked. What a wonderful, healthy lunch. And then I tried to carry out from this restaurant and it was a nightmare. TWICE. The first time, they lost my order and when I arrived they still had to make the items - -without apology. The second time I tried to place an order, the entire staff was in a meeting and I was told they'd call me back. It never happened. If you want a healthy carry-out lunch, don't bother! Patronize someone who values your business.

2  Thank lenexakstraveler
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

If I wanna have a sandwich, here where I'm going. Artisanal bread and cheese. Good sort of wines. Some choice of olives that you paid per pound.
The variety of cheeses makes you starving, and once you read the description of each one, you figure out the problem you need to solve.
I tried two sandwiches as suggested in the menu, but you have the option to create yours.
This place makes me feel very happy.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Also vegetables in this nice grocery specialized in artisan cheese
Never forget Wisconsin is the cheese state and it's so close to Illinois
Enjoy !

Reviewed 25 April 2017

This is a small business in downtown Chicago. It specializes in a variety of cheeses and wines. Although it's pricey, the quality is superb. Can't wait to go again ! They will give you samples of the cheeses and olives.