“Bread toooo chewy”

Cuisines: Deli
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Disappointed in the number of selections, but they sound great. The contents of my sandwich were delicious, but the bread wasn't crusty, it was tough. Yesterday's bread? It was way too much chew! There's one table inside, maybe 6 outside; not a problem for us on a lovely Labor Day with no crowd. The cheese case and the olive bar looked good. I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank Michiganbelle

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Picked up a "picnic" on the way to the NPR show in the park. Sandwiches were perfectly prepared and staff helped round out our picnic with chips/drinks and more.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I decided to get a sandwich at Pastoral at the Loop. So I asked for an Alpine Cheese sandwich from their Build Your Own Sandwich menu. With cheese and a spread it came to $9 something. I was in a rush and opened it only on a way out. Not a pleasant surprise – only one thinnest slice of cheese I’ve ever seen in the sandwich. The spread couldn’t be seen by the naked eye. And this place has good reviews? Strange. Very strange.

2  Thank alshul
Reviewed 6 July 2017

The first time someone offered me their Health Nut Salad, I was hooked. What a wonderful, healthy lunch. And then I tried to carry out from this restaurant and it was a nightmare. TWICE. The first time, they lost my order and when I arrived they still had to make the items - -without apology. The second time I tried to place an order, the entire staff was in a meeting and I was told they'd call me back. It never happened. If you want a healthy carry-out lunch, don't bother! Patronize someone who values your business.

2  Thank lenexakstraveler
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

If I wanna have a sandwich, here where I'm going. Artisanal bread and cheese. Good sort of wines. Some choice of olives that you paid per pound.
The variety of cheeses makes you starving, and once you read the description of each one, you figure out the problem you need to solve.
I tried two sandwiches as suggested in the menu, but you have the option to create yours.
This place makes me feel very happy.