“Ton Katsu Ramen Fan !!”
Review of Umai

Umai
Reserve with OpenTable
Umai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #407 of 10,145 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Ton Katsu Ramen is probably the best I've ever had. This little gem in the south loop is a welcome addition to the neighborhood and they always seem busy. Try some of the Sushi and enjoy some of the great areas to walk around the South Loop

Reviewed 7 June 2015

We really enjoyed eating at Umai. Their Japanese barbecue skewers were delicious-I got the beef and my husband tried the pork shoulder. He also really loved the mushroom soup. The sushi wasn't the best sushi I have ever had, but I still liked it. We will definitely be returning here in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2015

We both had ramen bowls and they were wonderful and filling. Good service too. Not the cheapest place in town, but the food is worth it.

Reviewed 30 April 2015 via mobile

I've been to Umai twice and gotten ramen both times. Both the traditional and the spicy garlic are to die for. I almost wept as the char - grilled pork melted in my mouth. The hand-pulled noodles are perfectly chewy. The interior has a cool vibe and window seats are good for people watching.

Reviewed 1 April 2015 via mobile

The visit to Umai's was a wonderful surprise with the excellent sushi, beef tataki and the extensive sake menu. The place is busy with a fast turn around on tables, yet you never feel rushed. Reservations are highly recommended, but if you forget, I'd still wait!

Been to Umai? Share your experiences!