“Even better this time”

Ranked #34 of 10,253 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was one of our favorite Italian restaurants from the year before, and we chose it again on this trip specifically because it was one of the few places that we were able to get into on short notice at the end of the trade show. Food was even more brilliant this time, and the fusilloni with veal ragu, mushrooms, and peas was one of the best things I had the entire trip to Chicago. Last year I noticed that the downstairs entrances to the bathrooms was quite dim, but either my eyesight has improved, or else they improved the lighting, as I had no trouble this time. So go, have a wonderful meal (almost guaranteed) and feel free to use the restrooms without fear this time. :)

Service was polite and helpful, and like most restaurants in Chicago, you can tell that the servers work really hard. Portions are large. Plan to order modestly or take home leftovers.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,982)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Well, Saturday night 'twas and crowds were to be expected. And so the service was rushed but still cordial...

Having gotten that out of the way, the food - upfront bread selection & olive oil (you have to ask for the parmesan cheese) as well as the 4 entrees - was awesome. I had the 4 cheese risotto - it was delicious and the portion size was huge - brought it home and finished it over the next two nights (and it was still great after reheating in an oven (not m/w)). Wine selection was decent, the tiramisu excellent! Overall a little pricey, but worth a visit. Will be back...

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Great service. Most awesome grilled seacood appetizer. Best squid ink pasta with seafood entree...ever!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Had a dinner party with 4 people at 8:00 on Saturday March 24. We had reservations and were promptly seated at our table. Let me say the food, service, and atmosphere were better than we expected. However I rated our experience as 3 stars as everyone at the table felt we were PUSHED to finish our dining experience and turn the table. Our courses were served on top of each other before we barely had a chance to begin eating the served course. We had 3 courses and a bottle of wine and it took less than an hour from entry to exit. I should have complained to the matradie but did not want to spoil the experience for our guests. I will return but would be vocal up front that we do not want to be rushed.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

It’s one of those restaurants that you think they only have on TV programmes and films to make you feel warm and good. But it is just such I place. We loved it. The food is fantastic. Best carpaccio ever for all of us. Great wine suggestions. Really friendly staff. The best Italian food I have ever eaten. Go there.