“Intimate atmosphere, live jazz ”
Review of Bandera Restaurant

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

On our first visit to Bandera, we were impressed by the atmosphere. The lighting is low and the decor is inviting. There's live jazz. The menu is straightforward. The prices are appropriate for the quality and quantity of the food. Try the cornbread!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Always enjoy eating dinner here. The bartenders have perfected the Old Fashion and the apps are worth the wait! Don’t skip the artichokes if the are on the menu and the cornbread should not be overlooked! Great view and band creates a wonderful atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

The restaurant was busy, and despite having made a reservation (for 8:45pm) I had to wait around 30 minutes before being seated (which wasn't a big problem as I wasn't in a hurry).

However, after that all was excellent: The server was pleasant, efficient and got my order (with its various minor deviations from the menu) spot on. I had a table by the window just behind the jazz trio, which was nice. I had a plain burger for my main, which was delicious. I drank a few glasses of the El Llano Mi Sueño Cab. Sav., which was rather quaffable.

I will definitely return the next time I'm in Chicago.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Met a grad school friend here at her suggestion, and was not disappointed. The server, Julian, was really exceptional, as was the over all dining experience. The jazz music was really first rate and the place was hopping. Started with the special roasted artichokes which were out of this world with a terrific remoulade sauce, and of course had to have the cornbread. The cornbread was good but really dont like it sweet. Would be so much better without the honey or sugar, but tasty nonetheless and love the iron skillet presentation. My friend had the char and I had the pork chop. Both were delicious to look at and to eat. They even brought my friend additional fish because the manager thought the first serving was to small....that is a first. Not usually a fan of chain restaurants, but this was a very pleasant and enjoyable surprise.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We've visited Bandera on St. Patricks day. Still had to wait to be sitted almost 15 minutes, even with a reservation. In generally it was very good dining experience - delicious cornbread for a starter, ideally prepared prime ribs, light live jazz and friendly staff. Just missed Guinness - but it was a good choice of a local beers. If you get a table at the window with a view over Magnificent Mile, you'll be fully delighted.