“Restaurant in a Marriott”
Review of Viand Bar and Kitchen - CLOSED

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Magnificent Mile
Cross street: Ontario and Michigan
Transit: .5 Blocks away from CTA Bus Route 3, 10, 145, 146, 147, and 151. 4 Blocks West and 2 blocks North of Grand Red Line
Description: Viand Bar and kitchen is situated in the electric Streeterville neighborhood in the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile hotel. Indulge in a time-honored American meal infused with the multi-cultural heritage of Chicago. Traditional comfort food is freshly prepared with wholesome fresh ingredients and paired with signature cocktails and a variety of beers on tap and micro-brews from the Great Lakes region. Capable of hosting intimate dinners for two or banquets for 60, this restaurant is both versatile and accommodating for any occasion. Combining a one-of-a-kind menu with friendly service and a welcoming decor, Viand is a hidden gem among Magnificent Mile restaurants.
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

We have stayed in a lot of Marriotts over the years. Usually the rooms are fine, but the restaurants, if there is one on the premises, are lack luster. This is the exception. The food is local, fresh, and served promptly. It was a real plus for our visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2015

I think this restaurant would probably get a 4 star if it hadn't been a Sunday night after a big Halloween weekend. The problem was they were out of certain things. They only had one type of soup and only one desert. My wife had their beet salad which was very good and I had their spicy meatball small plate. They were tasty, but spicy. The staff here as well as everywhere we visited in Chicago was friendly.

Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

Saw some people having breakfast from our hotel room across the street. Great service affordable fresh food of very good quality nice outdoor dinning

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

I am a Marriott reward member. This is not a typical bistro in a courtyard. I was very impressed with the food. The customer service was great as well. The hotel is a great location downtown Chicago. Eating is a plus. My expectations were not high at all and this place exceeded my expectations.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

We did not stay at this hotel, but did meet some friends for drinks in the bar on Saturday August 8. The bartender was very rude and condescending to our guests visiting from outside the country. Maybe he was having a bad night but I will not be patronizing this business again.

1  Thank sunnyhoosier63